Sashay and twirl

Friday night after I got home from Broken Plate I caught the niftiest show. It was called Faking It, I don't know if it's a regular program or not. Basically, I took this man's man stock car racer and turned him into a drag queen. His job was to fool some professional drag artists in a drag queen performance competition.

In the end he only fooled one judge...the transformation completely blew me away, though.

I had no idea there was so much effort put into going into drag. It's a lot more than learning to walk in heels, padding a bra, and donning a wig. The different layers of makeup, for example, required to mask that stubble-ish skin and then to further create a "natural" skin tone just boggled my mind. And the fact that guys' eyebrows are naturally thicker than a woman's never really crossed my mind until I watched them actually shave them into a somewhat more feminine (yet masculine when he's out of drag) shape.

And then you have the coach who teaches you how to walk and pose and move like a woman. I think that was my favorite part, hands down. You don't fully appreciate men's behavioral attributes until you watch them try to emulate your own. I think it'd be fun trying to coach someone to be a queen. :D

You seriously can not consider any of my friends high maintenance after seeing how long it takes these guys to put their stuffs together. Yay, girls!

Comments