A girls' girl, gentleman's girl, girl about town.

Alright, so that was a stretch. It sure felt like I did a lot last night.

After work Daisy met up with me downtown so we could catch Down With Love at Eau Claire Market. Since I never get home after work on Fridays we had to figure out where to have dinner.

Can you believe I've lived here all my life and never been to Old Spaghetti Factory? Would you believe it's also an amazing value? All their entrees come with unlimited bread, a soup or a salad (which are all pretty standard "come-with"s at Italian restaurants these days) PLUS ice cream and coffee to finish off? All that for less than an entree at Luciano's or East Side Mario's! Not that I'd trade those two restaurants for Old Spaghetti Factory but this restaurant did not disappoint either. My cavatappi was soooo good. The bread, too, was sooooo good. I'm firmly convinced I could never do an Atkins diet.

And my luck is just incredible at "finding things." Early this year I found a 20 sticking out of an ATM. To be fair I tried to take it back to the bank (not that they could trace it to its rightful owner or anything) but they were closed. Bonus 20 dollars for me! And while shopping during a lunch hour last month I found a 20 underneath a sales rack when I bent down to pick up a skirt I dropped. Another bonus 20 dollars for me! Last night wasn't a bonus 20 dollars...but it was a free movie ticket. While Daisy and I were at the Fast Lane booths purchasing our movie tickets I noticed another ticket in the slot for the Matrix. I looked around for whoever used the machine before me but there was noone to be seen, not even anyone in line behind me. Whoever bought their ticket before me must have grabbed their debit card receipt thinking it was their movie ticket and left the "receipt" behind because they did not care much for keeping it. It's horrible how I benefit from others' lack of alertness but I couldn't exactly take the ticket back to the box office for the lost and found. So we bought our popcorn (we split a kids popcorn since we were so full, and still couldn't finish it) and found our seats. With my heart racing ('cuz I get thrills out of the simplest of scams) I went back to the box office saying my brother had just called and decided he wouldn't be coming to the Matrix with me later. I got a refund! Feeling like sharing my good luck I split the "refund" with Daisy. It was like seeing a movie on opening night at "second run theatre" prices. It was like 2 for the price of 1. It was beautiful.

The ironic thing was, I could have honestly kept the ticket, gone to see Down With Love which I had paid for, and still gotten out in time to catch that showing of the Matrix. I don't think Daisy would have gone for that, though.

Down With Love was just lovely fluffiness. I loved all the furniture and style of "New York City, 1963" (man, does that sound cheesy) and some of the scenes were quite tongue-in-cheek. Gags I was not expecting at all from a movie of this type. There was one scene, the one where Barbara Novak (Zellwegger) breaks down her entire plan that went on a smidge too long, but otherwise I loved this movie. The theatre got quite a few laughs during the film.

Not ready to go home quite yet (Daisy was/is going camping this weekend and so I figured I wouldn't get to go out and do too much this weekend due to the lack of company) we stopped by Blockbuster's to pick up her movie special order. Killing more time we rifled through Tramps brpwsing their used CDs. Still restless we ended up at Perkins for some coffee.

Look at all that, and me without a driver's license or a car! Girl about town, indeed.

Comments