I'll drink to that

Ah, to feel young again.

This past weekend was wonderful despite the chilly air and bothersome drizzle/freezing rain.

I stayed out not once, but twice! Two nights in a row raging into the early morn. I have revalidated myself.

After a coffee and Taco Time with aqua angel, Daisy and I headed to O'Sullivans where her coworkers were partaking in some karaoke. The doll bought me a pitcher of Long Island Iced Tea. She didn't have to but it wasn't what I ordered and that somehow made her feel responsible for the mix up *just as confused as you* so I got my drink on for free. Holy crap that took me forever to finish! It was like the Long Island Iced Tea pitcher that never ends!

We then trudged over to Denny's only to find out that they were closed for renovations. Since when does Denny's ever close for anything? Not wanting to settle for Tim Horton's, and without a vehicle to avail ourselves of the drive-thru window at Wendy's or Burger King, we ended up at Perkins.

Unfortunately, I missed out on Posie's belated birthday dinner at Senor Carlos (Yay, I've converted more diners!) It was a great night to eat there, too, as they were having Cinco de Mayo celebrations complete with mariachi bands and all. *sigh*

I did make it to her post-dinner par-tay at SkyBar. Man, I love SkyBar. Nothing makes a girl feel more exquisite than having the opportunity to dress up for a night on the town. Granted, I had to plan accordingly since I was coming straight from work. Daisy, ever-the-sweetie, gave me compliments on my outfit to start the evening off right.

Unfortunately, due to the nasty weather and all SkyBar wasn't as hopping as it usually is. Even worse, the majority of the clubbers were in jeans seeing as the bouncers let up on the dress code in order to fill the place a bit more. what-ev-er. Posie's whole crew were dressed to impress. Daisy and I were good to go. It was wonderful being all dolled up amongst a sea of casual denim.

At one of the booths Daisy and I struck up a conversation with a girl who was trying to find some "sensible souls" to talk to. Apparently her boyfriend and his friend over there were talking about "boobs and cars" and she had had enough. Guys, seriously, why pay a cover charge and buy overpriced drinks if you're just going to sit there and talk about what you talk about everyday? You make no sense. Anyway. the question about age popped up and after we confessed ours I was dreading her judgment of us passing off as "old" when eureka, she turned out to be 26!

So a common bond between the three of us, we were older than your typical clubbing newcomers (thankfully there weren't many 18 year olds that night, though there never is typically at SkyBar) but we were far from being old enough to be considered "cougars." Not like THAT booth full of women over there...cougar central. *shudders* And why was I always tripping over their chairs?

Feeling energized and ready to party some more (new drink discovery: Tattoo. Vodka and cranberry in a bottle) we headed back out on the dance floor with Posie and her people. You see, this is where I feel we've truly grown up. Posie and I are 2 years apart. The way it used to be, we were awkward when attending one another's parties with their "school friends" due to the age gap. It's all changing. We're all good together. I actually had conversations with some of her friends and vice-versa. We're all one "age group" now.

Interestingly enough, though I was feeling more mature yet soooo in my prime, a blast from the past took me by surprise with a sneak-attack hug: Flamingo. Yes, the Flamingo. He warrants a whole post dedicated to him later.

Alas, post-clubbing munchies had hit me before we were even in "post-clubbing" mode so the two of us (Daisy and I, not the Flamingo and I) bid Posie adieu and another Happy Birthday and we went off into the night. Of course, the night would not be complete without the requisite hassle-from-drunken-guys...it was Daisy's turn this time. Totally missed the last train out so we had to taxi it back to the south anyway. Really I should have just starved it out the final half hour and closed the bar down with the rest of the aging-gracefully-whippersnappers. Ah well.

Here's to only being as old as you wanna be!

Comments