It's like a heatwave

The weather over the weekend was unbearable. If it weren't for the air conditioning of the mall and other facilities I think I would've gone insane.

Saturday, I ran about getting my eyebrows done, gathering together the last piece of Lana's birthday present, and having lunch all before starting my shift at the mall. That heat was horrible. Unfortunately, I am not as sage as aqua angel and the others. I don't usually wear sunscreen unless I expect to be out all day (ie. Stampede). I know it's a horrible practice but that's me. Sun sure stung the skin though while I was outside. I don't think I got burned, at least not the red and peeling sort of way. I finally did get my chest a bit tanner. I'm good to go for the rest of the summer.

Sunday was Lana's 1st birthday party. It was a few weeks late, but that's what you get when there are a lot of May birthdays within the crowd to be celebrated. You can't exactly ask the family and social circle to choose between two parties on one weekend. Oh well, now we know. If Lana wants to celebrate her birthday closer to the date we'll have to announce the party weekend before everyone else in May. Again it was way too hot. So hot me and her two godfathers went for a bubble tea run right after the lunch and jetted to our houses to change into cooler, comfier gear before heading to her house to watch her open presents. Better, but there's really no prime choice of clothing for such a hot day. Unless you go for no clothes, but that's not an option when you're attending a kids party attended by your family and friends.

More on Lana's birthday later, when I mooch the pictures from Weird Kid.

Thankfully it rained yesterday, and the world has been fine and cool ever since. Phew.

Comments