*tap tap* Is this thing on? Pt. III

I'm glad to hear that some of you out there are enjoying the introductions. Here are some more! :D

I heard about Scaryduck early on when Blogger announced that this guy had won some sort of British award for his blog. He definitely has great storytelling skills, that's for sure.

Jamie of the known universe lives in New York. Of course I love that! Plus there's lots of pictures of random New York-ness. That's a nice treat.

I'm not sure what it is about Carlos and his blog but I enjoy reading it. Does that make me voyeuristic; how I enjoy reading about strangers' day to day lives? Well, yeah, of course I know the answer to that question is yes. It feels so private (not in a dirty way, obviously, unless that's what the writer has written), yet it's so anonymous...it's perfect(?)

Skinny. Evil. Bitches. If you have no idea what I'm talking about then let Ronnie give you a crash course. As always, take it with a grain of salt. By no means am I insinuating that this is a sweeping truth about all skinny women...but I think we all know or have known one or two that would fit this bill. Even those of you who aren't as big as me, I'm pretty sure you know what Ronnie speaks about. And may I just add: Congratulations to Ronnie and Mark on the wonderful news!

Chrystal is another university student. I enjoy her stories greatly 'cuz they are the most similar to my experiences back then. The mall job, the crazy people who IM you, the fun tropical-themed parties. It gets to be so nostalgic that I even miss writing final exams!

A lot of what is said in the Half Mad Spinster usually rings true. Just because I'm single does not necessarily mean I'm desolate about my situation. Nor does it mean that I am in a frantic search to remedy myself of the "curse of singledom." Also, just like I would never do, she does not dwell on this hullabaloo all too often so you'll find all sorts of stuff in her blog usually. I say "usually" 'cuz there's not much therre right now.

I'm not much about enjoying pics of Victoria's Secret models, but then again I'm not a guy. I do appreciate what Hose Monster has to say, whatever it may be. Let me tell you, that is a serious compliment coming from me as my eyes usually glaze over at any mention of politics or law and such. Plus, he's blogged in Spanish before. Yay for Spanish!

Life in New York is about, well duh, life in New York. Bizkette thinks I'm obsessed with New York City. I'm not sure what it is, I've always been entranced with the Statue of Liberty, the Brooklyn Bridge, New Years Eve on Times Square, ice skating in Rockefeller.... What really sealed the deal, however, is how I saw the entire city rally together after September 11. As I've mentioned before, I used to vacation in Toronto (a big Canadian city) a couple of weeks every summer and the vibe of the people was absolutely foul in my books. I started to wonder if it's just the price one has to pay for living amongst so many people, you have to look out for number 1 *cliche*. But the New Yorkers proved me wrong, and I've fallen in love with the city even more because of that.

Another male perspective on dating can be found on Mr. Know it ALL. I suppose noone really has it easy when it comes to dating.

More New York-life stories at More Than Donuts I love this girl's sense of humor. Her posts are generally really short, but it's to the point and hits you up with some entertainment. Side note: New Yorkers go for post-drinking pizza, too!

I found this blog via Ronnie's blog. It's mainly full of music info, critiques, and the like. Most days I agree with what he's written, it's like someone has read my mind about what I've listened to the past 24 hours and what my opinions have been on those songs. Uncanny, really.

I wish Kelly all the best. I came across her blog more than a year ago when I did a search on "Calgary" (my city) and "Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma" (my cancer). As she had put it when I sent her an email introducing myself, it was unfortunate that both of us have/had (? - I'm unsure of when I can consider myself a cancer survivor) this health burden unluckily placed upon us. However, I felt it a blessing that I found someone like her to whom I could ask questions. Her old blog (linked to this one) gave me great insight as to what I was to expect during my weeks/months of radiation. Definitely a blessing considering I tend to prefer to just avoid thinking of it completely, she keeps me in the know about what I should look out for and such.

Whew! Alright, I think that's another good batch for all of you to look into. Grab yourselves some coffee or tea, get cozy, and discover some new bloggers to enjoy!

Comments