And when she's walkin' she's lookin' so fi-i-ine

I can see how this unemployment thing can be very very bad. It has felt like a wonderful, much wanted, much needed vacation/time-off. I swore to myself last week that starting next Monday (the 16th) I would start my hunt for a new job in earnest, but I really don't want to right now. *sigh* It just feels so nice to be able to catch up on all the things I've been lagging on. Laundry is whittling down, room is tidying up nicely, I get to spend more time with my parents, I finally had time to check-in with my new doctor. I know it's not like I'll get a job instantaneously just because I'm looking next week, but I'm practically dreading it. Dang it, it's my summer vacation! I haven't had one of those in 2 years!

Today I get to catch up on another scene I've been missing badly: Uptown. I've been wanting to check it out for months now. Months! But a regular 9-5 just doesn't jive with the store hours on 17th Ave. Giddy-up. The sun is shining, life is good, Daisy is done her kindergarten duties this morning and by lunchtime we shall be Uptown girls. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait. Hit me up with some of that Wicked Wedge and toss up some of Phil's Forbidden Flavors for dessert. Main objective of my mission today will be the Puma mini-bowling bag which I have been yakking about forever and a day.

But Leah, you have no money coming in. You sure you want to spend that ching-ching? (Lame, yes, I know.)

I've saved up a nice amount up until now. It's a shame that it was my vacation money, but I don't think I'll be out of commission long enough to drain it dry. And if worst comes to worst, there's always my weekend gig that I can expand into a weekday gig as well...as much as that'd make me sad.

"Don't cry for me, Argentina."

Oi, don't mind me.

Comments