"Baby, look at me and tell me what you see. You ain't seen the best of me yet. Give me time, I'll make you forget the rest."

All together now!

"Fame! I'm gonna live forever...I'm gonna learn how to fly. Fame! I feel it coming together, people will see me and cry. Fame!"

Alright, that's enough of that. I remember watching Leroy and Coco and Bruno as they went about their business at the High School of Performing Arts. Fame was one of my favorite shows when I was little. They've revived the show now with Debbie Allen. But now it's an American Idol wannabe type show. While I have not been blown away by a lot of the contestants on the show, the idea of a triple threat (dancing, singing, and I'm not sure what the third one is) is a more realistic idea of what a pop-ish star ought to be. Most of the entertaining is done through dance in pop. Unless you're playing piano or some instrument as you're singing you better be moving really well to the beat.

With that said, I really enjoy Jamisen Tiangco (I have to, come on, she's Filipina!), Brandon O'Neal, Serena Henry, and Harlemm Lee.

Jamisen Brandon Serena Harlemm

Jamisen's moves are really crisp, which makes me slightly envious but I'm rooting for her. Her vocal range also carries Janet Jackson and Toni Braxton, two singers I truly adore. Brandon sings phenomenally, but I missed his dancing last time so I'm not sure how he fares there. Serena's a powerhouse, she can do it all. And she's probably right that her major competition is in Harlemm. Harlemm's moves are sharp like Jamisen's, but his voice throws me off a bit. I can't imagine listening to a whole CD of his but that doesn't mean it won't grow on me.

I'll definitely be tuning in tomorrow to see who gets booted off. I hope I get to see these 4 move on to the next round.

Comments