Body talk

Whoa. I never thought I would do it, but I did. Ladies and gentlemen, Leah has joined a gym.

Inconceivable, no?

I joined Latina and Daisy for a salsa aerobics class tonight. As soon as class ended and we had changed and everything BAM! I was targetted as a potential new client. There was no escape. And to be honest, my saleslady/trainer-to-be was not pushy at all which was refreshing. I know I have a lot of videos and workout equipment here at home, and I go swimming twice a week, but clearly it's only keeping my weight consistent. And like TTB (trainer-to-be) said, noone wants to go on a diet. Anyway, I'm going to give this a shot...have someone actually give me a routine to do rather than me trying this and that. The thought of "3 dress sizes by Christmas time" (her words, not mine. Though I don't think I have 3 dress sizes within me to lose based on my stick-thin mother's size) sounds awfully appealing...and I know it's just her sales talk, but if she can even help me attain half of what she promised I'll be pleased. And it's not as expensive as I imagined these gyms to be!

All that and I'd feel like I'm kicking my cancer's ass as well. There would be no way it would ever want to pop up ever again.

Wish me luck, everyone! This could be the big break I've been looking for.

Comments