Call me

My brother is an absolute sweetheart, but I've told you all that already. Tonight he invited me to go watch the Italian Job with him and his friends. Plus, he offered to pay. Woohoo!

I know Matrix: Reloaded was supposed to be huge. And it was huge, to be sure. I haven't made my way to it yet, but everyone I've talked to said it wasn't as good as the first and they were pretty "enh" about the whole film. It's horrible when you can't live up to the hype.

Italian Job, on the other hand, appears to be a pleasant surprise. A bunch of my brother's friends were a bit indifferent towards seeing the Italian Job (from here on abbreviated to IJ), having more of a penchant to see Bruce Almighty. By the end, though, every single one of them was impressed with the film. IJ may not be a blockbuster hit, but it certainly ranked high in my books. Below are some reasons you may want to consider IJ for your next cinematic outing:

  1. Mini-coopers have never been more sexy. I kid you not.

  2. Seth Green was, and always will be, good for a laugh. The dude is so short!

  3. Marky Mark = Mark Wahlberg = brother of a member of the now defunct New Kids On The Block = ex-Calvin Klein drawers model. So his face is kind of squidgy, big deal. And alright, so he doesn't really take his shirt off at all in the movie...but you can definitely imagine what's there underneath those clothes.

  4. Venice and Los Angeles. Both cool cities, both wonderful places to go on a high-speed chase.

  5. It would amaze someone how the limited Los Angeles public transit system could be a prominent contributor to so many major crises. (ie. Speed, Italian Job)

  6. Only the baddies use guns. You, too, can accomplish grand things without packing heat.

  7. Napster lives!

  8. The ever-yummy Jason Statham. What could be better than being waken up by the phone and hearing his voice on the other end asking "What do you got on, sweet'eart?" (Note: not a line from the movie, I'm just saying what could possibly be better?? -- other than Vin Diesel saying something along the same lines) This is one where I am in agreeance with Daisy about how it's all about the accent. Statham's voice is sexy, but it's ubersexy with the accent. I loves me some Jason Statham.

  9. And for the gentlemen, I don't think Charlize has ever looked better. Who doesn't like a girl who can crack a safe in a bra? That's some serious skills!

Comments