How should it feel?

I just learned this morning that I'm being laid off. To be honest, I've been expecting it a couple of weeks now (based on stories of past employees) and it put me in a serious funk at the time. Combine that with my mom's anxiety over me finding a better job elsewhere and that just depressed me even more. I don't want my mom to have to worry about me. There were a lot of things I didn't let her know because it would only trouble her more. I always promised myself that this was only a starting point (a lot of my classmates who took the travel course with me were/are getting paid a whole lot more, granted they were/are at bigger and more well-known agencies), get some experience and move on. I guess my boss just beat me to the punch.

*sigh* Guess this is the push that I really need. I was too afraid to step out there and find a better place for myself, and now I really have no excuse not to do so. Things always happen for a reason. I'm going to miss the agency, but I definitely look forward to getting rid of this nasty funk.

And on a more trivial note, I'm going to miss my location. I just started hanging out with Ms. T again, my stalking victim was just down the street (though never ran across him *phew*), and Ang was about to start here, too! This was a prime spot. I could go to Stephen Ave, Eau Claire Market, Prince's Island, Chinatown, Olympic Plaza...any one of those for a pleasant lunch break. I think I'll definitely be scouring downtown before resorting to outer areas. I've been so spoiled.

Kind of lucky I hadn't bought any vacation tickets yet. Looks like I should be putting that money towards more practical uses in the meantime. Sorry, Mijo.

In happier news, there's been a position in my head for the past couple of months that I'd really like to have. I'm not sure if it exists, but I'm definitely keen on discussing the possibility of creating it with this particular company. If that doesn't pan out, I'll look elsewhere. I've been thinking that there must be some way of utilizing my degree in a job/career that I'd enjoy. I'm not too worried. Well, I'm worried that I'll have too much time on my hands, but other than that...*imitates Balki and cousin Larry* "I am a hollow reed, troubles flow through me like the wind."

Comments