It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood

A wonderful lunch hour on a gorgeous day. I strolled down Stephen Ave, grabbed a Pecan & Pralines sundae, and headed straight for Olympic Plaza.

Ahhhh, the sun felt so good. Yes, I neglected the sunscreen again. A girl like me ought to know better. But *shrugs* whatchagonnado, huh?

There were couples laying on the grass sharing a lunch, groups of friends lazing around catching some sun. Me? I sat myself down on the steps leading to the fountain/pool and savored my yummy sundae.

A little guy, maybe 2 years old, went down to the fountain with his mom and cooled his feet. I thought he had the right idea so I quickly kicked off my sandals and joined him in the water.

A little girl, maybe 1, came by with her mom and sat on the edgge of the pool.. She seemed so excited that her little legs could reach the water if she pointed her toes just so. This led to lots of happy splashing on her part. (Note to self: Take Lana and Posie out to the Plaza sometime.) Maybe I should just fall asleep her by the pool and not go back to work.

20 minutes till I have to go back. I don't want to go back to work.

10 minutes till my break ends. I really don't want to go back.

5 minutes till work time. Little guy decides the water is way too much for him, whips down his shorts and gets ready to "go" in the pool. Mom scrambles to dress him up and pluck him out all embarassed.

Yeah, I think it's time to go back. Nice break.

Comments