Late-breaking news

Rather than repeat myself here was some of the hullabaloo of this past weekend. (Note: Mijo is not his actual screenname.)

Faboo LADI: a drunk driver slaughtered our lawn
Mijo: WHOA
Mijo: serious?
Faboo LADI: He was thisclose to hitting our Neon
Faboo LADI: Yeah
Mijo: how do you know he was drunk?
Faboo LADI: I dunno, I guess it's just speculation
Faboo LADI: it was 3:30am
Faboo LADI: and it was a crazy wide turn
Faboo LADI: there are skidmarks on the sidewalk where he stopped right before our car
Faboo LADI: Neighbors all corroborated their stories, we think it's this guy who lives 3 houses down, but there's no proof
Faboo LADI: it must be scratched somewhat underneath, though, there was a loud "thoonk" when he got back on the street from the curb
Faboo LADI: he was doing a left turn onto our street, jumped onto our lawn continuing his turn which would've led dead into our Neon but then he stopped, and backed up/turned back onto the street right in front of our Neon and he drove off
Faboo LADI: Daddy said he shut off his lights so nobody could get his license plate

Ironic thing was, I went to sleep in the living room after watching some late night tv. I was just sleeping there, seriously, less than 20 feet from what was going on outside. And all I caught was the "thoonk." My dad had been watching the whole debacle from behind the blinds in their bedroom window. Apparently neighbors from both sides of our street came out to see what was going on. My dad didn't go outside until the other car had left...and I didn't "wake-up" from my fake sleep to see what happened until my dad went back to his room. Needless to say, there was nothing to see. I couldn't see the treadmarks on our lawn, cars were all intact, there were no emergency vehicles anywhere.

You should see the skidmark on the sidewalk where the guy stopped before our car, not even a whole foot away! I can't imagine what our car would look like if he hadn't stopped. Not to mention he almost hit our car again in his attempt to avoid it...this time he would have taken out the corner of my poor little Neon. (Yes, I know I don't drive, but I was the one who picked it so I claim partial ownership...plus I seem to be the only one who has a special fondness for the car.)

But seriously, even if we found out who did this, what recourse do we have now that it's all over?

Comments