"Meet me at the altar in your white dress. We ain't getting no younger we might as well do it."

To hear great arguments from the other side of the camp visit Ang and bing.

I used to think that I was cutting edge, a true modern woman in the making. Now I've come to accept the fact that I'm straight-up old school...and I really can't imagine it being any other way.

Everyone knows that I love children. Much like Moxie's sentiment from a previous post, even if I have to resort to a "turkey baster" approach I will someday have children of my own. Nothing will stand in the way of my (self-prescribed, mind you) fate.

I don't think there is anything in this world that would make me any happier than to have my own children. I want to be able to perpetuate the kind of happy family life that I have with my parents and siblings. Just thinking of what a jolly gramps my father would be makes me feel all shiny-happy inside. My brother is amazing with kids, he would make one kickass uncle. I don't even have to second-guess that.

I went shopping with Posie and Lana on Friday. It feels so wonderful to have a little kid in your arms, to have them beam back at you with their adorable twinkling eyes. Posie said to just let her know if Lana started to get heavy...but even if Lana weighed as much as me I would never want to let her go. Never mind that she'd be a very big girl if she weighed that much. :)

Call me weird but marriage comes second to having kids in my books. I know it concerns the overprotective guy friends I have - there is still the stigma of being a single parent lingering out there - but a guy is just the means to the end result. Result being baby. That's not to say that I wouldn't get married if I met the right guy. Don't get me wrong, I love marriage. I just figure, if he isn't up to what I feel I need or want then I'm not going to commit to that. In other words, I want it all relationship-wise. My kids are either going to be raised by one kickass mommy or they'll be raised by two parents and have the bonus of witnessing what a true, healthy, loving relationship can be between a man and his wife. Actually, they'd see that in their grandparents regardless.

So...this all makes me rather stereotypical, huh? So much for the career-driven woman of the future. I thought I was so au courant, so fiercely individual. (Whoa, does that even make sense?)

I know it's only been a week, but being at home and doing all the laundry and cleaning and stuff feels pretty good right now. And I imagine filling the rest of that time with my kids, watching Blue's Clues together, coloring pictures with them. Then they'd grow older and they'd go to school. I'd catch up with my friends over coffee or lunch. My kids would come back and I'd be there to welcome them home. None of this daycare stuffs. Daddy comes home and we all have dinner together. Then the kids would grow a little bit more and I'd get back into the working world.

Yes, there's a word for all of that. What was it again? Ah yes, housewife. Who'dathunkit? Little club-girl wants the hubby and munchkins. Actually, maybe lots of people saw the munchkins part. But Leah foregoing socialite status to do housework and bond with the little ones? Yes.

Comments