Take it where you can get it

Bizkette had a great birthday dinner last night at Tokyo Garden. Mmmm, sushi, tempura, miso and sake. I think the highlight of the evening was the birthday girl's struggle with the salmon roe. Being a true sport she got it down. Major props to her for that! I love my friends. Everyone is more or less open to trying a wide variety of things and each of us encourages the other.

It felt kind of weird ending the evening so early, everyone pretty much their separate ways after dinner. Since Daisy had fallen asleep during Chicago the first time we considered catching it at Canyon Meadows. Next show was at 10:05 and since she was already a bit groggy from the long day we stopped by Tim Horton's to grab some coffee beforehand.

Yeah, Chicago kind of fell by the wayside. After the coffee I felt like browsing through the liquor store for some Tabu (we had settled on watching a video at her house instead.) Tabu has a new flavor: Exotic Citrus! I don't like it as much as the original, but still ranks high in my books. The fact that I had had sake for dinner didn't hurt, either. Tabu rocks my world.

In a crazy contrast to the day before, we got some wolf whistles as we walked back to her car from the liquor store.

*whistles* Hey girls! Looking mighty good!

Goodness me, if it's not older gentlemen, it's little whippersnappers who are younger than my brother. Ah well, a girl gets it where she can. Attention's always nice. And at least they were cuties, (not a common everyday occurrence!) but that's besides the point.

So what movie did we watch? 200 Cigarettes. Daisy is a die-hard fan of this flick. I thought I would like it since it's set in the 80s. A little too early-80s for me though. Lots of well-known people; Ben and Casey Affleck, Christina Ricci, Courtney Love, Paul Rudd. The thing was it was mind-numbing, and not even in an entertaining sort of way. I don't know, no offence to Daisy but it wasn't anything spectacular.

Funny thing is, Daisy and I used to have more fun before she started driving. Everyone knows Daisy is the "lush" (just teasing) of the group but since she's driving now she can't drink. Plus I don't want to drink if she can't lest I make her feel bad. Next Friday we're definitely taking the bus/taxi/whatever it takes. Need to get back in the swing of things.

And speaking of swing of things...SkyBar, June 21st. I'll be there, will you?

Comments