This (was) your life

So yesterday was non-eventful and yet, full of stuffs. Does that make any sense? I mean, for the first day all week I actually have quotes to keep me busy at work...and boom, just like that, I sold 2 tickets. What a way to close off. Hope there aren't any major schedule changes or anything once they receive their tickets. I feel like a mother who has to abandon her children and let them fend for themselves. Noone at the agency really took over my clients, nor did I hand them off to any of them. I've left all my notes and files on my desk so they can reference them easily should anything come up. I don't know, I just like taking care of the files until they are done and I can't even do that now.

Not only that, but it seemed like all the people I know or I have come to know popped out of the woodwork for my last day there. Sunny's mom walked by my agency and saw me through the window. She waved. I had never seen her downtown up until now. A fellow travel counsellor (also my roomie from Ixtapa) walked past the agency, too, and waved. She doesn't usually walk past my way. And my fan club stopped by...ironic since I've only worked with them once and now they show up again on my last day. I remember the first time they came in...

Boss: Can I help you gentlemen?

Guy no. 1: Nope, it's ok. We know what we want and she's sitting right over there. *indicating my general direction*

They're just flirty older men, which is always kind of weird to deal with...but they're harmless. I was working with another client today when they came in and they actually stood around to wait for me until my coworker asked if she could help them. They caved. "Well, our Leah is busy so I guess you could help us figure out some travel plans."

Their Leah???

We didn't tell them I was leaving. Ah well, it's nice to know that some clients will miss me when I'm gone.

And walking through downtown I ran into another client of mine, a psychologist who let her elderly mother travel solo to meet up with her in Puerto Vallarta. Whoo, that was a tough situation....the poor old lady was so lost (legally blind) and kafuffled that she missed her flight out. To this day, I can't understand how an educated woman like Ms. Psychologist could leave her own mom to fend for herself in her disadvantaged state. When I met up with her (the daughter) after her trip she didn't even seem too concerned that her mom had missed out. Kind of flaky, if you ask me.

Anyway, interesting end to an interesting day/week/era. Looking forward to the next.

Comments