The agenda AKA The Return of the Kitten-Heel Mules

Weekends; whoever said they were for resting has got to be kidding me. In a world where the "typical" worker works Monday to Friday and has little energy for anything else in the evenings the weekends are our only chance to catch up with one another. Bring people up to speed, spend time with those you have neglected the rest of the week. I know it's not the same kind of energy drain, but you still end up pretty pooped.

Alright, so that doesn't pertain to Daisy and me, but we still managed to rage into the night on Friday. Taking advantage of the late hours of operation thanks to the Stampede we headed down 4th Street to indulge in a martini or two.

In the end it became three martinis. And it's a good thing we didn't have time for anymore. Those are potent beverages!

Another occasion for me to get tipsy. It was a nice tipsy, though...I wasn't feeling like crap at all. And apparently I point a lot to emphasize what I am saying when I feel "good." We covered a lot of ground discussion-wise, which is good since we don't tend to hold back what we're really thinking when we're drunk. Not that we lie to one another when we're sober, but we may tend to hold back lest we offend others. When you have a few drinks in you any issue is fair game, no topic is taboo.

I wore my kitten-heel mules on Friday night. Don't ask me what I was thinking...it's a wonder I didn't break my ankle walking around in those heels in my unbalanced state. I did, however, get one of the heels caught in a hole of a manhole cover early on in the evening. Yes, still have to work on determining safe paths to take in those shoes.

Then today I was going to go to the gym only to find my parents and grandma to have left for a funeral. Weird Kid stayed overnight at Spydermonkey's house, leaving me and Baby Sis to fend for ourselves. I couldn't leave her at home so we ended up going to Canyon Meadows to catch a second-run flick. Not a lot of choices left for movies we hadn't seen so we opted for From Justin To Kelly. Both of us are American Idol fans, though I must admit I never intended on seeing this movie.

Yes, it's campy...but all musicals are. I don't think it's as bad as some make it out to be. I think it's the lack of high-profile names that did this movie in. (Kelly Clarkson who? Justin Guarini. huh?) In my opinion, I would watch this over Britney Spears' Crossroads anyday. Then again, I would watch almost anything again over Crossroads. For those who can comprehend this next reference: From Justin To Kelly is like a feature-length version of an episode of S Club 7. Yeah, just like that. Obviously it's not a film I would go to with any of my friends, but it was perfect for me and my sister. I even cried during some scenes, but I'm a total sap like that.

This evening was another relative's birthday party. Dynamics between the generations have changed a lot now that us young'uns are more mobile and can leave whenever we want. It's also funny when despite all the activities you do in the evenings there are times when you beat the parents home. That has happened quite a few times this month. Chalk it up to the card games that typically finish the evenings during those familial parties.

And so now I'm home blogging to all of you. It's scorching hot upstairs. I think I'll watch a movie before I head to bed.

Comments