Back off! I've got Caller ID

Last night an unfamiliar phone number (area code 416 - indicating Toronto or near there in Ontario) called my celly. I didn't pick it up, last thing I need is to take up long distance charges when it's a wrong number or something stupid like that. Clearly it wasn't someone with something important to tell me; they never drop me a voicemail. My best friend has been getting long distance callers showing on her caller ID on her cell, too. We compared notes...not the same number.

I didn't realize just how stupid this long distance call would have been, though. I looked up the phone number. It was some marketing firm. I'm assuming they were a telemarketer.

They ought to be so grateful I did not pick up the phone. If I had answered the call and then realized it was some stupid long distance telemarketer I would have been livid! Can you imagine? I don't have a long distance plan on my phone since I don't need it. That means I would have been charged 25 cents a minute or something dumb like that ON TOP of the airtime they would have wasted trying to sell me life insurance or something equally unwanted and unneeded. *screams*

How in the world did they even get my cell number? I thought those numbers are unlisted. And the dumb thing is they aren't even giving up. They call me at least 3 times a week. Grrrrrr.

I miss my old celly. I can't block phone numbers on this one.

Comments