The calm before the storm

I don't mean to brag but...Sahalie calling me a busy girl is a total understatement.

However, c'mon say it with me people: "I/she wouldn't have it any other way."

I know that there is some appeal to sitting at home just relaxing. However, summer is definitely not the time for such! There are patios for your communal drink consumption, parks to huck the frisbee around, people to see, events to celebrate!

Let's pause a bit for a mini-list of things to celebrate:

  1. Ang and her man officially beginning their adventure as new homeowners. Go and wish them all the best!
  2. Katie and Matthew are now engaged! I'll raise my bottle of Tabu to that.
  3. It's my aunt's birthday party this Saturday. Don't know if I'll be able to make it due to the club crawl going on the same day. Not sure if it's a good idea to show up all inebriated, anyway. Particularly, to a family function.
  4. Stampede, baby! Yaaaaahooo!

Stampede is going to whoop my butt this weekend. Today's the first day and already Daisy wants to go. Sloan is performing there tonight, and who am I to deny her that? Saturday is...c'mon, I've mentioned it enough...the Stampede club crawl. (Ms. T, I'm soooo sad that the tickets are all sold out! It would've been that much better if you were there with the gang. I'll give you a call when we end at the last bar, maybe you'll be able to meet us? No worries if you've already made alternate plans...I'd do the same.) Sunday is Family Day, which could possibly mean I'm going again with Lana and Posie. (Have I mentioned I really miss those two? I have? Carry on, then.) Then Monday my sister has a special invite for a function there. 4 days of Stampeding, my friends. What's a girl to do? *grins*

And it doesn't stop there. Oh no no no! Still have the zoo with Lana and Posie coming up. Sushi with my godsisters (shhh, I think she's pregnant). Charlie's Angels with the girls. Dance lessons with the girls (Help me pray for this one.) Hopefully getting back to the gym. Hopefully jumping back in the pool. Next Friday is another aunt's birthday party. My godbrother's cousins are in town, always love hanging out with them. The following Saturday is my granduncle's birthday party. Don't remember who's, but the weekend after there's another family party. AND not to forget my parents' Silver Anniversary celebration! (Annika was dead on about Filipinos getting together and eating every chance they get. Much like Sepi's mehmoonis.)

And somewhere in there are Daisy's and Latina's birthday parties. Lordy lordy!

I just love having a packed social calendar. It makes me feel so good.

Anybody got anything you need me to pen into my organizer? *giggles*

Comments