Let's get you up to speed

It feels like it's been ages since I blogged about anything substantial. But before I can even get deep there are all these little things that I have neglected to mention and so let's just get all that squared away first, shall we? Actually, not all of them are "little" things but they had no place in my blog until now. Hopefully it doesn't numb your mind out too much.

For those who have been asking, my mom's not using the cast now and they have her going through physiotherapy twice a week. The surgery scars are still there, they make me pretty squirmy. All in all she's in better spirits since she gets to go more places with us now. I know she's anxious about work. If it were up to me I'd rather she never go back to her old job. (Note to those not in the know: She didn't get hurt at her workplace, but it's pretty strenuous and I don't think she has to put herself through that kind of labor.) I think this accident was a way of forcing her to slow down and take things easy. She knows I'm hoping she takes an easier job when she's ready to go back. Can you believe it has been two months? Hopefully she'll be in an even better condition for their silver anniversary.

The familia and I had a great Canada Day together. We barbecued some hamburgers. Mmmmm. We even drove up to Canada Olympic Park to catch the show and later the fireworks. There were a lot of cultural dance demonstrations. The Filipino Student Association performed, though it wasn't a dance I was familiar with. One performer that blew me away was this little 11 year old girl singing Kelly Clarkson's "Moment Like This" and Whitney Houston's "One Moment In Time." Amazing talent!

Speaking of talent, I can't believe Jamisen got eliminated on Fame tonight. Actually, I can believe it, but I was in denial. However, if you take a look at the group performance during tonight's show, placing Jamisen beside Shannon Bex it's quite obvious Shannon is the better dancer. *sigh*

Shannon

As much as I did not want to admit it, Shannon would make a phenomenal popstar. Not saying that the world needs another Britney Spears (though I do admire Britney for her iconic status) 'cuz that's exactly what Shannon is, but it has worked before so it can definitely work again this time. I'm just thankful that Serena and Harlemm are still in the game. Having Brandon continue on was a little bittersweet since he eked out Jamisen. Oh, and that spoiler guy. Tyse Diorio? I likes. Mmmm. Let's see if he can sing and dance, though.

Last week my brother and I caught Finding Nemo with some of his coworkers. It was crazy, I had no idea my brother worked with Zak! Striking. Oh, my bad, it couldn't have been Zak. He was busy inhaling an awful awful. :) As for Finding Nemo, it wasn't my favorite Disney movie of all time. Still nicely done. Ah yes, and these youthful dudes taught me a new scam. Wanna hear about it? I'm putting together a post about little mini-scams, so you'll just have to wait.

The siblings and I went for a stroll through Uptown last Friday. Can you believe I didn't buy anything? *feels her halo glowing brightly* I don't know, I'm still on the hunt for my Puma bag. It's a lot harder now than it used to be considering I have narrowed my search down to one specific bag in one specific color. It's elusive, I tell ya.

I'm so addicted to the gym, going every other day, but that in itself does not surprise me. Unfortunately, I think I have put myself out of commission for the next little while. Saturday my cross-trainer was rubbing against my heel really oddly but I persisted on continuing my workout. It turned into this one big bulbous blister. Monday I slapped on one of those blister-healing band-aids and started my warm-up. I didn't even last 3 minutes. I hobbled over to the weight-training machines, worked out there for a bit but just walking from station to station was excruciating. I ended up doing my workout with one shoe on and one shoe off. Determined, I even returned to the elliptical trainer to finish my cardio in my half-shoed state. Since then I thought I could just stick to my deep water workout in the meantime while the blister heals, but it stings like you wouldn't believe. *sigh* I guess I'll just do my belly-dancing video and some Dance Dance Revolution in the meantime. Things that don't require heeled footwear. Hopefully it won't be long.

Another thing I never mentioned: Mr. Hottie's last day at my department store was more than 2 weeks ago now. Us girls were devastated on that fateful day.

I miss Lana. Sure, I miss Posie, too. :) Both of them are busy entertaining the New York contingent of their familia visiting here for 12 days. Luckily, I've been recruited to assist them on their jaunt to the zoo. The zoo with Lana! Hooray!

The Calgary Stampede starts in 2 days, the pub crawl is in three. The city is full of tourists and I'm so loving it. Daisy's back from her vacation and not a moment too soon. We have lots of activities to accomplish this summer.

And on the topic of summer activities, I was thinking of how this time last year I had just gotten back from a spectacular weekend in Banff with SunMoon and Daisy with Bizkette and Ang joining us for the first evening of revelry. How I wish I could do that weekend all over again this year. Unfortunately, SunMoon won't be back until September (Miss ya, girl!). The dynamics just aren't the same without her. I mean, who's going to "cool off" the loser guys this year? She's a lot easier on them than I could ever be.

On a final note, I am completely thankful that it rained today, cooling our scorching city off bigtime. I don't think I could stand another hot day in succession. Hopefully it'll be this breezy for the club crawl on Saturday.

Comments