Promises

I was honored to hear that Ronnie wanted to include a couple of Filipino dishes as part of his commitment ceremony. It's a tad more difficult than I thought to get the recipes out of the two older generations (ie. my mom and my grandma) as they cook everything and measure ingredients by eye based on experience rather than have actual recipe cards. I did manage to find some cookbooks in our kitchen, though, so I will try my best to find those dishes!

Saturday night Daisy and I headed out to the Underground/Warehouse to give Bizkette some moral support during her fashion show. It was only the third time I've ever been to the Warehouse, and I can never get my finger on the pulse of the place. It's always different. I never know what to expect. This time after the show there was this 80's-style punk-ish band. Dare I say I enjoyed it a lot. The entire place was like a time warp, people were dressed all 80's punk or in retro office-wear replete with skinny neckties. It was a mish-mash of all things 80's that I would have been too young to relate to. I mean, let's face it, I'm more 80's pop due to my age at the time, I didn't have any exposure to the craziness that was punk. Back to the reason we were there; Bizkette did a great job as the "bitchy nurse". Those shoes were crazy! Major credit is due to her sister for putting together a fabulous show. It was tons better than the show that preceded theirs. Bizkette's friend was great, too, as the bunny. I loved it all.

Must also give some applause to Daisy, who despite her anxiety drove us both downtown to attend Bizkette's show. I'm also quite surprised and happy that I did such a good job navigating us there. So yay for us! Bizkette didn't think we'd show....and there we were!

Tomorrow Mijo and his lady are off to take on Europe and I can't say I'm not jealous. Mijo's in Europe, kool keith's in Europe. Sounds like we're missing the party! Ah well, my own roadtrip is swiftly approaching. It shall be terrific!

Sounds like Chrystal and company are having a roadtrip of their own to NYC and Niagara. Yet again, I am jealous. Take lots of pictures! Gotta love New York.

Comments