Recap

Alright, before I get on with the madness which was my weekend I'd first like to share that I bought an adorable gingham fedora for 4.99 today. Thanks. :)

Friday was practically the day that never was. After work my brother and I were supposed to join up with some aunts and the ever gracious Daisy (who I had recruited the night before) to decorate the hall for the festivities the following evening. Needless to say, in true Filipino fashion we were asked to come home and eat first...where there were already twice the normal number of bodies in the house chopping and cooking up a storm. So us "hall-decorators" had to scrounge up a plateful of food (except for Daisy who was going to meet us at the hall) and find some sort of kitchen countertop space to consume said dinner. Alrighty, we were now starting an hour and a half later than we had planned. No big deal.

Weird Kid said if we finished by 9:30 we could join up with Spydermonkey and watch Lara Croft: The Cradle Of Life. At least those boys knew that to not invite me to that movie would cause them great pain seeing as I'm more fanatical about the movie franchise compared to them. Doll up the hall in an hour flat? Piece of cake!

Ha, yeah right. Due to some lack of direction of some of the team we did not get out of there till 11:30. Mom also found this to be an appropriate time to let me know (via celly, no less, even though I was home earlier having dinner in her presence) that my best friend, Posie, had been admitted to the hospital due to an insanely high fever and other medical terms that would be a cause for concern. Stress. No sense searching for her in emergency since undoubtedly she'd be hopping from room to room and test to test. And even if they had already admitted her to a bed visiting hours were already over.

So Daisy and I end up meeting up with Civic for some late-night noshies at Melrose...one of my favorite hangouts. "Whoa, Civic?" Indeed it was he. Due to non-vibing schedules and, to be honest, lack of communicating initiative between the three of us I haven't seen Civic since the sample sale at Skybar. That was April! Goodness me. It was great to catch up with him. Boy has a new puppy (adorable, I saw the pictures!) and a new dating prospect.

Saturday morning arrived and still no news about Posie's health status. Unfortunately, that meant that she would be unable to join me for Miss Saigon. I was choked. Her and I have been waiting to see this musical for years. Augh, the cruel twistedness of it all! It always seems like the fates mess up our most long-awaited plans. When the New Kids on the Block came to Calgary (and yes, I do realize that dates me quite a bit) I could not share the experience with my best friend since she was in the hospital about to have surgery. Grrr. And now...now was finally our moment to see Miss Saigon and my poor friend is once again out of commission! Bittersweetly, I got dolled up and prepared myself and my sister for the show.

Comments