Tick-tock

I'm quite proud of myself. Despite everything that's going on I've managed to go to the gym at least 4 times a week thus far.

Thursday was all about shopping for supplies for my parents' 25th anniversary bash. Geez, talk about last minute. This is true Filipino-style party planning, folks. Despite my buying them some stationary for making invitations weeks ago, despite me and my brother nagging them constantly to commit to a date for the party, everything has come down to the last minute. So much so that my mom has been calling everyone in our social circle for the past couple of days since there is no more time to send out invitations. Posie has graciously taken on the task of putting together the centrepieces and giveaways (seriously, girl should become an events/wedding planner...my wedding is going to be THE event having my best friend coordinate things by my side...that is, it'll be THE event until her wedding of course) Scrambling around to find entertainment, determining the seating composition at the hall, organizing what foods we should order/cook/prepare ahead of time. And oh my god, what are we going to wear?

After all my searching at the mall today, I wasn't truly inspired by anything I saw until the final store. It's a gorgeous dress, and not too formal at all. However, I must admit that the perfect dress for the occasion has been sitting in my closet this whole time. Nevetheless, this new dress and me were meant to be one, and so it shall remain with me for all of eternity. There is no way I am returning it. And I even managed to get daddy a shirt for the 'do. How much do I rock at shopping?

Only thing I missed out on this week was Bad Boys II today. Weird Kid could not wait until we could all go watch it together and went without me this afternoon while I was at work. *raspberries for brother* I consoled myself by watching the first one over again.

Tbe girls and I missed out on a hotdog roast this evening as well due to conflicting schedules. Unfortunately, we haven't had one all summer thus far. Next week, I tell you all it will be on. *keeping her fingers crossed* It's unfortunate we did not realize how much time was passing by.

And goodness, Banff has not been planned yet, either.

And my oh my, the family road trip has been barely arranged as of yet.

I love this. I wish everybody could have summer vacation. I've forgotten how nice it used to be to have a few months off.

Comments