*bounce bounce bounce*

I have decided that I really really love postcards. I may not have been able to travel far this summer, but at least I can live vicariously through my friends.

SunMoon sent me a postcard from Cinnamon Bay at St. John's in the British Virgin Islands. I can't wait till she comes home for a visit in September. I simply can't get enough of her stories from abroad.

Then today I received a postcard from Mijo in Berlin. I was ecstatic! I love getting mail from him, and knowing that he remembered me and my "stuck-in-Calgary" state (but not for long!) and thought far enough ahead to take my address with him on his vacation made me even happier. *sigh* I wish I was there. I wish I was anywhere (preferably somewhere cooler than it is here right now). During my vacation next week the family's going to be camping wherever we are (don't want to reveal things just yet). Normally, I love camping...but in this weather, especially since it's hotter where we're going, I'm definitely dreading it. Give me a hotel room with air conditioning, PLEASE! But, bah, small price to pay to get away for a little while.

Sadly I'm leaving the day Mijo gets back so I won't get to hear his stories while they're still fresh in his head. Mijo, 2 words if you're reading this: Hitler's bunker. Did you make it happen? Enquiring minds want to know, seriously.

Comments