Krispy Kreme'd out

Thank goodness!

Despite all the flats of Krispy Kreme's we dished out to our family and friends we still had 2 dozen left for us. And finally, just yesterday, we polished those off. With a little help from the fridge, can you believe those doughnuts have lasted us 10 days and they still weren't as hard or as stale as day-old Tim Horton's? All I can say is that Timmy Ho's has every right to be concerned about Krispy Kreme's expansion into Canada. If it weren't for Tim's yummy iced cappuccino and flavored cappuccinos, oh, and those yummy sandwiches, they would not stand a chance against Krispy Kreme comparing dougnuts to doughnuts.

This morning on the radio I woke up to a spoof of Ginuwine's "In Those Jeans" singing about addiction to Krispy Kremes. It was kind of premature. I mean, I'll bet most of Calgary has not experienced a Krispy Kreme as of yet. Unless you've visited out east to Toronto or down south to the States you really have no idea what all the fuss is about.

Well, I look forward to seeing what happens here when Krispy Kreme finally comes to Calgary. No hurry, though, I've had enough Krispy Kremes the past week and a half to last me a good couple of months.

Comments