These shoes were made for walking...

step in style!

Ever since my mama broke her ankle she's held my trusty old Fila sandals hostage. Not that I blame her, those kicks were tried and true, absolutely trusty -- never failing and super comfy. It has gotten to the point where I had to decide if I wanted to buy a new pair just to have regular access to the trustworthy footwear. I decided to opt for a little more variety. I have wanted a pair of R Max by Rider for years now. Years! I just couldn't justify coughing up the dough for such a casual pair of sandals. As you can see from the photo above (well, if you are familiar with R Max, at least) they've tweaked the design a bit. Introducing the R Max II. I caved. I bought them. They're uglier than the originals -- I mean, the white lining is reminiscent of a big gawdy bandage -- but they have definitely kicked up the comfort to another level. Didn't think that could even be possible. The originals already felt soooooo good.

So yes, I bought them before they could come up with an even uglier design for R Max III. And you know what? Bonus! Sales guy threw in a 25 dollar Rider towel as a gift. Awwwww. *giggles* And now I can trek as much as I want in ultra comfort during our trip. And my mom can do the same in my faithful Filas (though I expect to get them back once this whole ankle-recuperation thing is done and over with.)

Comments