And it didn't stop there.

Well, now that I've let that out I feel even better. It's not so much that I feel wrong for behaving that way but more that I don't want my family all concerned or disappointed in me. Yes, my family is a very strong influence on me. I'd rather save them some stress.

And I'll go with an age old teenage argument on this one: everyone's done it. My stories are nothing new.

And along the lines of my stories being nothing new, the following year right before Christmas the same kind of situation went down. This time I was here in Calgary. Eek.

Guy was younger, no older than my age at the time (22) I would say. He was pretty hot, too...at least for me he was. And that wasn't judgment passed through beer goggles, either. Pretty immature, though. I mean, how are you supposed to respond tastefully to a guy who's trying to get your attention by 1) mussing up your hair from above you on the stage and 2) continually slapping your ass until you acknowledge that your ass has indeed been slapped. ("Oh! Maybe she didn't feel it the first, second, or third times!")

He nabbed me when my friends and I decided to go up on stage and dance. Not sure what he did or how he did it but somehow my friends quickly dispersed leaving me with this strange guy. We were swiftly sucked into the midst of the throng on the stage. I didn't mind, there's always fun to be had when dancing with a guy. Much too efficient, though. We didn't even start off by making out; he just came out with the full-on groping.

Most of the time he was dancing up behind me. I'd look out into the crowd to try and find my friends but Metro is a big place and I, being the vain creature that I am, refuse to wear my glasses when we are out clubbing. Don't bother suggesting contacts...it's a long story. But I do use those as well. So fine, I couldn't find my friends, but could they see me up on the stage? They knew that was the last place they saw me, but we were right smack in the middle of the stage, were they watching me through all the people surrounding me?

First time he undid my jeans I laughed it off. Haha, funny guy, we're in public and you thought it'd be hilarious to show my underwear to the crowd. Haha, I get it, great joke. Third time around he whispered in my ear to leave them open and he swiftly slid his hand inside. Nervously I looked around me to see who was watching. A couple dancing beside me looked through the corners of their eyes, though it was obvious they were trying not to watch. Guy's sleeves were white so it was pretty obvious where his hands were, and my tank was short so it didn't really covere anything past my waist.

What was with these guys and their hands? Was there some sort of "finger-me-now" vibe that I was giving off somehow?

His buddy was watching, which made me feel kinda sick as he patted the guy on the back in congratulations. His hands seemed to be everywhere simultaneously, in my panties, up my shirt, in my bra. He apologized if he was hurting me in any way but blamed it on me "being so sexy." A total line, so I didn't even bother acknowledging the fact he'd said it.

A couple of times I'd turn around to dance facing him whenever he'd let up but clearly this was not fun enough for him and soon we'd be dancing with my back to him again. Eventually I cut him off. I couldn't let more people I knew see me in this sort of manner. "I'm going to go get a drink," I said, though I'm sure he never heard me. Noone can hear me in the clubs, not even the bartenders. I walked away and found my friends. They say they never saw me on the stage (I told thm the next day what had gone on and why I had walked away from "such a hot guy." I figured if I stayed away he wouldn't sweat it, find another girl and move on.

Imagine my surprise when he chased after me and tapped me on the shoulder as I grabbed my coat out of coat check.

"Oh hi! Didn't think I'd bump into you again. Actually, my friends and I were just leaving."

"Yeah, me too." *going silent, drawing patterns on the floor with his foot*

What did he want me to do? Surely he didn't expect my phone number after that. Ever heard of getting to know someone first? The chain of events was all messed up now. I mean, we're not even talking first date here! (And yes, I realize I'm half-responsible for it all.)

So yeah, that was a pity and a half. I said goodbye and walked away. Yes yes, selfish Leah strikes again. He got nothing in return for all his "work."

Yay, end blog therapy! It feels good to finally admit to all that stupid stuff.

Comments