Family togetherness

Today was the opening day for the Calgary Pilipino Basketball Association season (I don't like how they spell Filipino with a P, but whatever). Weird Kid is now a part of the Phenoms with Spydermonkey.

And yes, Flamingo was there with his team. Furthermore, I deserve some beats from you all for not getting in touch with him like you had motivated me to do. In my defense, I myself can't understand why I'm stalling. I've never been intimidated or shy around him, and now I'm coming up with all sorts of excuses to delay phoning or even emailing him. Though I did write him a note on his guestbook. Yes, I know, very cowardly and it'll hardly get the job done.

Wouldn't you know, the Phenoms were slated, by the luck of the draw, to go up against Flamingo's team as the first game of the season. For some reason, as the two teams were warming up, the game order was all shuffled around and the Phenoms ended up playing the second game against, uh, I don't remember who they played. Flamingo's game was third, but I didn't stick around for that.

I've got a feeling Flamingo's going to try and steal my brother's friend away from the Phenoms for his own team. Not that I'm the sisterly-basketball version of a soccer mom, but that's got me on edge. I don't blame him for scheming to lure him away. The friend scored 14 points that game, and he was sleepy. I'm so proud of these boys.

And, oh yeah, we won. Go Phenoms!

In other news during the competition, Flamingo decided to play the See-you-see-me game. I'm so sick and tired of that game; we're not in junior high anymore. You say "hi" to my mom and neglect to greet me likewise? Sprawl all over the bleachers in front of me just in case I didn't happen to see you? Well, I suppose I could've said "hi" first, but that's no excuse. Alright, it's a draw.

Spydermonkey, Weird Kid and I ended up catching The Rundown tonight. They're absolutely right. That movie was terrific. Exceeded my expectations completely.

Comments