I'm getting sleeeeeepy

I suppose it does not help that I did not get to bed until 4 all weekend long. But geez, you have to make the most of it! Especially when you know that your friend won't be in town for very long.

That brings up a whole other topic that I'd really like to talk about. However, I think I'll save it for another time as I'm sure all my friends (here in Calgary, at least) are feeling pretty down following this weekend's past events. Maybe something lighthearted to take our mind off things is in order?

Alright, something totally trivial. I have waaaay too many shoes.

Just how many feet do I have?

51 pairs. I don't know if I have any other ones hiding elsewhere in the house. Geez, that's almost one pair for every week in the year.

So the picture isn't that great...I wasn't going to go moving all my shoes to the backyard away from the fluorescent lighting of the basement. Nor was I going to display them upstairs. My dad would have a conniption. (My collection of shoes, purses, coats, and hats and the amount of space they occupy in the house is something my family consistently gripes about.) Looking at my shoes, it's obvious I don't need them all anymore, but it's really hard to figure out which ones I can part with.

For instance, and this is a really extreme example, I've got these weird black patent platform mules with insane pillar-like heels. I bought them 'cuz they were insanely cheap and I thought they'd serve me well one Halloween or another. Up until now, I've never worn them for Halloween, although I did wear them for one birthday when I was feeling rather whimsical and crazy. Really I should hand them to the Salvation Army or something. But what if I'm inspired for a Halloween costume all of a sudden and those shoes would be perfect for the occasion? Oh, who am I kidding?

I'll post a pic of a newly pared-down collection once I figure out which ones go and which ones stay. Hopefully I can cut down this footwear madness by at least a third.

Next time, we're targetting the purses. Though those are particularly near and dear to me so I doubt I'll be able to do away with any of them.

Comments