It does wonders for my complexion

Well, the summer is officially over. There's no denying it now. The summer in review:

  • I got a lot of sun...complete with tanlines that I am sure will not fade away until next year at least. As per usual, being dumb and reckless, I did not apply any sunscreen at all. I probably got skin cancer. Peachy.

  • I got bitten by mosquitoes. Have you heard of how First Nations (or for you Americans, Native American) people don't suffer from mosquito bites? Something about the bugs not liking their blood or something? Although I'm Flip, I thought that somehow maybe I was in the same boat as the First Nations people. Mosquitoes don't bite me much, and when they do they normally don't itch. But this summer was a different story. I got bitten. It was maddeningly itchy. Perhaps I have contracted the West Nile virus.

  • We grilled like there was no tomorrow! How can you not have a barbecue in the summer? Although it's kind of backwards, huh? You slave over a hot grill under the hot sun with the hot heat rising up at you from the hot ground. Nothing says "summer" like charbroiled meat. I played chicken with Mad Cow disease.

Yup, this summer was definitely the season of living on the edge. Only "trendy" ailment I didn't toy with was SARS. I knew I should have taken that trip to Toronto/Asia!

Anyway, so how do I know the summer has definitely left us? Well, for one thing, it SNOWED today. Bye bye flip flops, adios racer tanks. Hello cuddly-wuddly down-filled jacket! Alright, so the down jacket was a bit extreme for today...at least I didn't don my cute toque!

So yeah, while Zak was running around sockless, and Mr. Cuter-Than-Emeril did his naked cannonballs, and Sepi, Moxie, and Tony bask in the sun...while Joe gets that feeling, Coyote snaps pictures of the hot, dry beauty of home, and kool keith spends some bonding time with Wacko us here in Calgary are cooling down and driving more cautiously. And the only thing about it that makes me bitter is that there isn't enough snow remaining on my lawn to create a proper snow angel. (The weather is heating up once again, such is Calgary.)

Besides, the cold does wonders for your skin!

Anyway, my brother and I were headed out of the house at the same time so he gave me a ride to the station. That made me 45 minutes early for work, but that was alright. My bag is like a mini-bookstore. Should I read my trashy gossipy fashiony Cosmo or Rules of Attraction.

Rules of Attraction won. Cosmo is for mini-breaks...I had a nice decent stretch of time ahead of me.

Went to Second Cup and got myself an Iced Creme Brulee Ristretto. "Hold up! Didn't she just say it snowed?" Indeed. But there is something about that Creme Brulee (it's a coffee, by the way) over ice that makes it ohhhhhh so much better. Top that with chocolate whipped cream and caramel and, well, oh hell, it's orgasmic.

No joke. Back in university when Daisy and I would hop off the train mid-commute to campus for the sole of picking up a Creme Brulee downtown it was ALL about that luscious combination of chocolate whipped cream and caramel. One morning we were skimming the heavenly stuffs so we could cap our coffee for the walk back to the platform...and for some reason that morning we were extremely vocal about our affinity for chocolate whipped cream and caramel.

"Mmmmm...I could eat a whole bowl of this stuffs!"

"Oh god, yes."

Yes, we were fools. At least the two business suits having their morning coffee were entertained by it all, the crazy grins on their faces.

And yeah, forget having a wedding registry. I told Posie that all I need as a wedding present is a chocolate whipped cream maker like they've got at the coffee shop. Easy-peasy.

She can give me a squeeze bottle of caramel as the shower gift.

Whoa, sidetracked, so I ordered my creme brulee this morning....AND THEY WERE OUT OF CHOCOLATE WHIPPED CREAM!!!!! This is an abomination!

Sadly I settled for the vanilla whipped cream. It just isn't the same!

Damn you, Second Cup. That hurt.

Comments