Step into the light

The usual suspects are feeling down and out. Daisy and Civic were feeling bummed so it was decided a get-together was in order for tonight.

Seeing as they were driving I ended up being the designated drinker. I was the vessel through which they both drowned their sorrows.

Gotta love 4th St. So kitschy.

First stop was the James Joyce. Did you know they charge for iced tea and pop refills? Who does that these days? And without warning the customer beforehand?!? Geez. Despite my general aversion to beer, I downed a Crown Float in honor of the poor dejected souls present. Gaaack. *shudders*

Well, alright, it really wasn't all that bad. Still, it's definitely not my beverage of choice.

Those two crazy barware kleptos! They swiped mini Guiness and Kilkenny tumblers from the evacuated table next to us. One would wonder why they never swipe any barware for me but oh well.

To raise Daisy's spirits we traipsed over to Mortal Coil, her "most favorite place on Earth." Naturally I ordered my favorite right off the start: Step Into The Light. Each sip deliciously caressed me from the inside out as it worked its way down. Finishing off with that alcohol-soaked cherry is yummy.

Being the only one drinking isn't much fun, but I humored them anyway. I ordered a Can't Stand To See Your Face next. Of course it's good, but it's no Step Into The Light. It just doesn't have that warm velvet feel to it. Daisy had a non-alcoholic martini, Civic just watched. It felt like they were always waiting for me, just sitting there watching me drink, so it probably took 15 minutes or so tops to go through the two drinks. Whoooo, those drinks hit HARD. Fast, too.

I'm not sure how that was supposed to cheer up those two. By that, I mean watching me drink all those "alcoholic beverages." It's all about the discussion over the drinks, if you ask me. A lot can get resolved, or smoothed, over a nice drinking hour.

Comments