We have something in common, you and I

It's ironic that Sepi has mentioned wanting to go see the Red Hot Chili Peppers next month. They're scheduled to play Calgary October 27th and I've been keeping my eye on TicketMaster faithfully. For some reason I have not heard of the sale date for the tix.

And then I hear about this crap. I'm sorry, but paying whatever-you-call-it fees to TicketMaster is bad enough, and now we have to battle it out with fellow fans to see who's the biggest sucker/most willing to shell out to get a seat to a concert?? My bitterness grows.

I really like the Chili Peppers, but not that much that I would pay whatever it takes just to get to hear them live. I'm not sure when this auction system is set to start but if it's soon then it's pretty obvious why the Chili Peppers tickets haven't been put up for sale yet. Bastards.

And in other music news I have heard that Eminem is playing Willy Wonka. That is, they've dropped 3 golden CDs into the first run production of Obie Trice's debut album. Anyone who finds one of those CDs gets an all expenses paid trip to Detroit and you get to hang out with Eminem in his studio as he records material for his next album. Wouldn't that be sweet? Don't know if it's worth buying Obie Trice, though. I wasn't blown away by D12...it's pretty clear that my main interest is in Em.

Ah, and a while back kool keith was encouraging me to get my Puerto Rico ON. I may have found my ticket in, albeit a shortlived one. My local hiphop station Vibe 98.5's latest contest is for a trip to Puerto Rico to see Beyonce, Nas, 50 Cent, Jay-Z, and a bunch of other artists I can't remember at the moment. (Don't think I heard Eminem in the list, alas.) Mind you, it all takes place in San Juan which is only a small part of what I want to do in Puerto Rico but WHO CARES??? Hello, free trip, getting my Puerto Rico ON, just a little taste until I can go back and do it proper. Please don't call me and tie up my phone lines tomorrow. I'm going to be working hard to get qualified to win that trip on Monday. Eeeeeeeeek!

Comments