What's up, doc?

Today was my checkup at the cancer centre. Everything looks good so far. :)

I told my oncologist about how my head and neck doctor (my surgeon) had me take a lung x-ray just last month. He was a bit shocked at that apparently since I only have to do that once a year. So as it is I'll get another x-ray next August. He was alright with the MRI being booked for January.

And it may seem like a trivial thing, but I mentioned to him about how I think all my hair from that spot has grown back except for my sideburn. Would it grow back? Because in all honesty, I'd rather it didn't. And hooray! He didn't think it would grow back after all this time. I don't know what it is, but Asian girls are typically cursed with long-ish sideburns and it just kills the femininity. This is a snazyy side-effect to all that stuff I went through. I intend on looking into electrolysis/laser treatment for the other sideburn. Woohoo! Perhaps I should ask them to zap my legs, you know, just to make sure there are no cancer cells hiding there. *grins*

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see my radiation dentist with the snazzy Nu Yawk accent. I know he's my dentist, but I don't get to see him all too often. I end up with other dentists. Oh well, everything seems well there as well. I admitted I don't do my fluoride trays as much as I should (maybe once a month at best) and I didn't get lectured like I anticipated.

So everything's good, thank goodness. Next checkup is March 10, 2004. That will be 2 years! 2 years....wow.

Comments