You should be dancing!

Staying alive!

"Dance like nobody's watching and love like you'll never get hurt." Or something like that. What about love like nobody's watching and dance like you'll never get hurt? I think that would apply to me better than the first statement.

Mijo and I were talking one time, and he mentioned how, at the clubs he went to (which hadn't been a lot....he's not very into the club scene) you weren't allowed to bring your drink onto the dancefloor. A wise policy, albeit an annoying one.

If the clubs I've been to would follow that kind of rule, the floor would be less slippery/sticky/sharp with glass shards. Then again, perhaps it's not enough. I've had some morons drop their beer bottles from the balconies onto the dancefloor...and a piece of glass will fly by and nick me in the leg. That has happened to me twice.

But if we couldn't drink on the dancefloor, then I'd actually have to stop dancing just to wet my throat. We can't be having that, either.

And SunMoon wouldn't have any ammo against WetBoy. That would be a travesty!

Back in the days when I thought owning and running my own club was a definite possibility, I used to ponder this drinking/dancefloor situation. What if made the dancefloor out of some kind of metal grill? Girls in stilettoes would be cursing me. I could have the floor slanted so the liquids drain away....but inebriated dancers might have difficulty navigating it. Plus, it wouldn't solve the glass problem.

Perhaps I shall simply serve my alcohol in SippyCups. We could call the club Preskool. Oi, I can't believe I just said that.

Anyway, one thing's for sure. People must've respected the dancefloor a lot more in the 70s. Can you imagine Travolta doing his thing on sticky-wet sharpness?

Comments