Friday night and the weekend's here

This is bad, very bad. The more I'm away from the "working world" the more I'm resistant to becoming part of it. This week I worked at the store Monday to Friday. And as much as I adore my coworkers I did not enjoy having to take time out of my life to make an appearance and "work" 5 days in a row. To illustrate further just how spoiled/lazy I have become: my only full 8-hour day was on Monday, and the other 4 days I worked 6 hour shifts...and yet I whine. It sets the time I can workout (which I hate....I despise working out at the gym after all the 9-5ers have gotten out of work) and limits the times I can do my phonecalls (need to get in touch with Blue Cross, discuss my phone upgrade options...) and, ironically, constricts the times I can actually search for a job during open office hours. Bah.

Anyway, the weekend's here, and I actually have it off like the rest of you office-people. :) Well, except for Monday, but I'm not sweating that too much. I think we started off the weekend right already, thus far.

Last night, Civic met up with me at the mall to help him find presents for this girl he likes. Not to brag, but he is sooooo lucky to have me around as a shopping assistant. :) (Now THAT is a career I could definitely get into.) You want to know what he was looking for? Maple leaf earrings. Who in the world wants to wear maple leaf shapes on their ears??? Alright, no bashing, 'cuz apparently this girl does. Talk about fierce patriotism.

Now, you may ask, just where in the world can one find maple leaf earrings? Why, my store, of course! Don't ask me how I found that out...I just happened to be shopping one day and there they were. Clearly my mind knew to remember that for future reference so when Civic asked I knew EXACTLY where to go. Boo-yah.

The search for a Halloween costume.....well, that wasn't as successful. His brother's having a Halloween party so Civic, for the first time in years, I'd say, needs to find himself a costume. I have the Howler to prepare for, and I have no idea what I should be this year. As much as I love the Mia Wallace idea I don't want to be a chubby Mia Wallace. That and apparently a lot of people are Googling "mia wallace costume" so, yeah, originality gone. Anybody got any ideas?

Since this is a club crawl, after all, I can't dress very warmly and I don't want anything bulky and unattractive. I was thinking of wearing one of my black dresses....and then my bunny ears? And then I saw a set of bat wings which I thought was pretty clever as I've only seen angel, butterfly, and fairy wings (all very froo froo and blah-wussy). Put those three elements together and you get.....what??? I have no idea what that would be other than some mutant animal/girl freak. Daisy enthusiastically came up with the idea Bunnicula. But wasn't Bunnicula a boy bunny? Perhaps I can be Bunnicula's girlfriend....not that childhood book characters had romantic relationships. Oooh, I have a stoopid marabou fan or a magic fairy wand I can use...not that that helps any costume ideas any. Capes in black and red. Oi, somebody please give me some suggestions...they don't even have to use the props I've got right now.

Enough of that. Neither of us had had dinner yet so we went to Luciano's. Oddly enough, they weren't very busy. We got seated right away, our salads came like "boom" and our pastas were at the table before we even finished our salads. Weeeeird.

But Civic denied me of my tiramisu!!!!! Evil evil boy. Somehow we got it into our heads that we should have ice cream instead. We swung around to Daisy's to get her and headed back to the mall for some Marble Slab. Yes, that's right, the home of the orgasmic ice cream.

Sadly, something was amiss. My ice cream (I chose Amaretto mixed with strawberries) was not as orgasmic as my first one (peanut butter). It's "lost that loving feeling." Or maybe it was just an off-day at the creamery. My bad. Civic had wanted to go to Phillip's Forbidden Flavors but, wanting Daisy and him to experience the orgasminess of Marble Slab, led them there instead. Next time Phillip's, for sure.

Civic was a bit too under the weather to come out for drinks, but being a doll he dropped us off at Mortal Coil so we could have ours. Alas, it was just Daisy and I, but that's what you get when the invites are sent out half-assed and on short-notice. We had enough to pretend everyone was there, though. Daisy downed 4 and I consumed 3 martinis. I had my trademark Step Into The Light (jeanclaudevanDAMN, that's good), an Octopussy, and a Melissa Likes To Dance Real Slow. Honestly, where do they get their martini names???

Octopussy was my attempt at being adventurous and hardcore. Gin, vermouth, and olives. It was a lot smoother than I thought it'd be. Daisy had the first sip. D is Daisy, L is me.

D: It's like that stuff you have with meat.

L: (I had no clue what she was talking about, so I take it back from her to try...smelling, tasting) It smells like pepper, is that what you're talking about?

D: Is that what it is? *thinks* Yes! Pepper. Pepper goes with meat. Yeah, it must be pepper. You have a pepper martini!

L: Oooooookay.

So I learned sophistication = sipping a martini that smells and tastes like black pepper while nibbling on green olives (which surprisingly are better than solo black olives)

Melissa Likes To Dance Real Slow is one of their new martinis. It had mango liqueur, peach schnapps, pineapple juice, orange juice....vodka? I don't remember anymore. It was nice, but it wasn't a Step Into The Light, that's for sure. Actually, I would rank Can't Stand To See Your Face above the Melissa one as well.

Ummm, what's in the Step Into The Light? A cherry...very good...um, Tia Maria, creme de cacao, cherry brandy...vodka?...oh goodness, I don't know anymore.

What is crazy is that we actually got home at a decent hour: 12:30. We did allllll that, and still failed to close the bar down. Insanity at it's finest...but I suppose we should conserve our energy for tonight. Night Gallery for a while to hang with Bizkette to see her Red Hot Lovers and then Tequila with the retail girls (it's on again! I should never have doubted them!) Are you coming?

Comments