I know "patience is a virtue" but whatever

La la la, I saw Kill Bill Vol. I last night, la la la la la.

Neener neener pumpkin eater...I did that, too. Pumpkin pie, that is.

Alright, Kill Bill Vol. I. Hands down one of the best movies I've ever seen in a long time. Sure, it was gross, but it has to be to emulate that old school samurai movie type style. Anybody remember watching Ran from junior high? That should give you an idea.

We made it to the latest show possible; 10:35. We sat at the very back (theatre filled up pretty quickly) and right in front of us were these kids who were maybe 8...10 years old. Their parents took them to go see the movie (parents were on the other side of our aisle...which made for extreme annoyance during the previews 'cuz the kids kept going back and forth between seats. Kill Bill Vol. I is rated 18A...doesn't that mean that kids aren't allowed in there? Even with adult supervision? I mean, don't get me wrong, my parents never screened what I could and couldn't see...but they would be rented flicks. My parents would never have actually taken me to a cinema to see such movies. Last night, I didn't blame the parents for it, 'cuz since they'd probably watch it once it was out at Blockbuster then there really is no argument for them not watching it at the theatre...but the ticket-takers outside the door definitely have some explaining to do.

If I was skinny, I'd be O-Ren Ishii for Halloween...flip my hair out and everything.

Uma Thurman, under Quentin's direction, is my hero. I only wish there had been some way to work Sam L. into the flick. He did such an amazing job on Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown.

You have no idea how difficult it is to gush about this movie without being tempted to give anything away.

And oh yeah, I watched Reservoir Dogs. I'll have to watch it again since it might be one of those movies that grow on you. As of right now, though, I only love the first couple of scenes. Mr. Brown's monologue about Madonna is fantastic. "Dick dick dick dick dick dick dick." It certainly isn't Pulp Fiction, that's for sure. I still love Pulp.

I have to wait 4 months for Vol. II. Aaaaaaugh!

Comments