If you had told me then what you are telling me now...

Call it delayed teenage rebellion or whatever, but I am thinking that belly button piercings are pretty sexy. Mind you, I wouldn't want anything extravagant Just a regular barbell for me, thanks. I've seen some crazy ones, things that look like chandeliers dangling from one's tummy. Those make me extremely squeamish. I'm so scared that they'll get tugged off or something equally nasty.

So I bounced the idea off my mom. I figure, if I can get over my squeamishness, and after my tummy is flatter than it is now...I may go get myself a pierced navel. That's all I want. A couple people I know have nipples done. It sounds great, but there is no way I would be able to go through that.

You know what she said to me? "You're too old for that. Maybe if you were 18 or something, then that would be alright."

Excuse me? Sure at 18, I can go ahead and do whatever I want to my body. But I bet you she would have severe issues with my navel if I had gone ahead and done that when I was 18. It's super easy for her to say it would've been alright then now that, oh, 6 years have past! My mom, gotta love her.

Must. Flatten. My. Tummy.

Comments