Now at a theatre near you

Ohhhhh my. Kill Bill Vol. I is out today. The anticipation is over.

As much as I adore Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown, I'm ashamed to admit I have not seen Reservoir Dogs. Up until Pulp Fiction came out, I didn't even know Quentin Tarentino was cool...and Reservoir Dogs sounded like one of those war movies that my dad loves so much hence I paid no attention to it. I must rectify that situation soon.

Showcase aired Jackie Brown last night and Pulp Fiction tonight in preparation for Kill Bill. Even though I own both movies I still watched it on TV to catch some of my favorite scenes. Perhaps they showed Reservoir Dogs the night before Jackie Brown? I didn't catch it. No matter. I'm sure after I finally see it I'll be adding it to my collection as well.

Mooooving right along, all the weekend plans have been shuffled around. Tequila tomorrow night may be a no-go (shrinking turnout...pet peeve no. 235: people who don't know how to commit to an engagement) Unfortunately, the exotic potluck dinner isn't going to happen Saturday either (again, lack of commitment). A complete shame. New engagements are popping up, as they are apt to do, so the weekend won't be wasted.

I hope the Phenoms kick NE Express' asses.

And speaking of lack of commitment, C-Girl moved out of the apartment she shared with her boyfriend this week. She performed the move "on the sly." Everybody around her is cheering her on, and I'm happy for her. What happened, you ask? Well, it's not that they fought or anything like that. The problem was: after six years of dating he still had not proposed to her.

She didn't move out on an impulse as she had "given (him) a deadline." Some may be shocked that she would leave just because of that. Is it old fashioned for her to have that whole "why am I wasting my time?" mentality? I mean, why end a relationship that was perfectly fine? Yeah, sure, but everything wasn't "perfectly fine" since she wanted a deeper commitment than piddling through life together sans title. Maybe he doesn't think marriage is that big of a deal? Well then, if it doesn't matter much to him, but it definitely matters to the one he cares about, then couldn't he just make her happy and give her that ring? Apparently he must have been thinking that, 'cuz he called her up all whining and mentioning that he had a ring ready and all that. C-Girl is a tough cookie, though. It's too late for the poor guy.

Besides, everyone deserves someone who will be devoted to you without any hesitation. It may take a bit of time to get there, but they should know by some point that what they've got going is a good thing. Three years sounds good. Everyone knows that two years (sorry, too lazy to find my old post on the matter) is the make-or-break mark. By three years you should definitely know how you feel about a person.

And if it's absolutely right, maybe it takes even less time. My parents met in March, and got married in July. That blows my mind. I asked them when they got engaged, and I just got a sort of blank look from my mom. Really, there was no engagement period that they can pinpoint. Were they reckless? I would assume that it must've looked that way to some people. But they've been together 25 years now so I'd like to think they really, honestly knew what they had found in each other.

Comments