"Now I know why he's a Red Hot Lover. He's pretty well-endowed...and the water was pretty cold, too."

Alright, before the wonderful evening watching Kill Bill Vol. I on Sunday, there was also the yummy turkey and the Phenoms' CPBA game and I haven't even touched on how Saturday went.

Phenoms vs. NE Express. NE Express won by one point. ONE POINT! with three seconds left to the game. We were leading by an entire basket up until that NE guy swished a three pointer with no time for us to get the ball back to our court. Grrrrr. Soooo close! I'm choked.

And, lo and behold, Flamingo got a crew cut which absolutely killed me. I doubt he knows of my affinity for buzzed 'dos, but ohhhhh man. Absolutely unfair.

Mind you, the fact that he won the game made it easy to dismiss his Marine-looking sexiness. After the game I was standing by the door to the gym as he headed towards me with this massive grin on his face. (He doesn't look as good when he's ecstatic, I've realized...or maybe I'm just bitter *grins*) I smile sweetly and wave hello.

F: Soooo close! *still beaming* Just one point!

L: Yeah, very tight game! *thinking "Why do I want to smack you right now?"* Congratulations!

I think the Phenoms took it much better than I did. *giggles*



So Saturday, as you all must know by now, I got a bit tipsy. Tequila ended up being a "go" but Bizkette had also invited us to the Night Gallery. One of the bands she likes, The Red Hot Lovers, was playing.

"I know this isn't really your scene, but I really appreciate your coming here tonight." Bizkette is such a sweetheart!

Night Gallery is "Home of the Darrylizer" Darrylizer being a supersized Paralyzer (unsure if it's vodka or tequila) I figured I wouldn't get many chances to experience the Night Gallery so I ordered one. Goes down reeeeeeal easy. Daisy bought Bizkette one as well, but since Bizkette was driving that night I got to be the lucky drinker. Yummmmmmy. And then, for good measure and since they were absolutely delicious, I had a third Darrylizer. While I could still "feel my legs" *inside joke* there was no doubt those Darrylizers hit me hard

Hence out came the verboseness that is Leah in all its glory.

Daisy - amused: "Le, you're so drunk."

And for the first time in a long while, I think I should've perhaps agreed with that statement, although I kept insisting I was only "tipsy."

We bid adieu to Bizkette and M soon after the Red Hot Lovers finished their set. Luckily, Tequila is only a few blocks away.

We got to Tequila around 1 a.m., I would say. We had walked by Tequila around quarter to 11 on our way to the Night Gallery and there had been a line-up at that hour...always a good sign as to the calibre of the club. I figured the line would've died away by this time, but we still had to wait a good 10 minutes or so to get in!

My 25 cent review: Tequila is terrific! They have not changed it much from the old Roxy (an old favorite of mine) and now their drink selection is even better.

Luckily Daisy had more of her wits about her and after a quick tour of the club she swiftly directed the two of us to the shooter bar before "last call." La di da, they had coffee tequila! (Note: coffee tequila had always been something we had wanted to try at Senor Carlos but they stopped carrying the stuff.) Indeed, we had to have a shot of that. Daisy did the ordering as I was already blissed out....and come to think of it, she probably did all the paying, too. I'll have to ask her about that. Seeing as we still had not located the "retail girls" we did another tour of the place before getting another shot. Watermelon tequila, gotta have it. Not sure how drunk the other guys at the shooter bar were since they informed Daisy that I was bleeding. Really it was the watermelon tequila splattered everywhere (yet somehow, luckily, it didn't splatter on my person)...wonder what they would've thought of the coffee tequila that I splattered all over as well.

Needless to say I would definitely like to go back. So many other tequilas still to try! Oh, and yes, we did find the retail girls. They were grabbing their coats to head home. Booooo. We'll have to try that again sometime. Daisy and I stuck around for a couple of songs and then decided to beat the crowd out of there.

Amazingly, Daisy didn't protest when I felt like trying to find Husky House again. On New Years Eve I had dragged the poor girl up and down the streets of downtown in the snow wearing our dresses and strappy sandals to try and find Husky House for our post-bar noshies. Our trek was a complete failure and we ended up at Humpty's. This time I was successful on the first try! Finally, after all my raving about their poutine Daisy could finally try some. Their serving wasn't as big as the Husky House in Red Deer but that's quite alright.

Some poor guy had way too much to drink and passed out cold right in front of the cash register. *thunk* I don't think I've ever passed out before, whether it be alcohol induced or heat or what have you. Never.

Other than NE Express beating the Phenoms and my lack of tiramisu I could not have asked for a better weekend!

Comments