Ramble ramble

Sooo sleepy and it's only 10 pm.

Phenoms won today! I forget who their opponents were this game around, but boy did they play rough. I wonder how Flamingo's team did? Sometime during the season they really need to lose so they'll be on even par with the Phenoms for the semi-finals/finals. Can we say "rematch?" Also, looking at their game schedules for the rest of the season, it doesn't look like I'll be seeing Flamingo at all for the next couple of months. Unless he comes early/stays late to watch a few other games.

Bizkette can't believe I'm still going on about Flamingo. I agree with her, but I can't help it. SunMoon can't believe that after all these years all of a sudden I'm too shy to start up a conversation with the guy. I can see where she's coming from, too. Bah.

My new phone is snazzycakes. I'm happy now. Loud earpiece, loud rings, a bit of a delay between the vibrate and the first ring, but that's alright. Downloaded a ringtone to determine its potential. It's all good. And I love plugging my schedule into the datebook...makes me feel even more important. :) I guess I can be impressed by bells and whistles after all.

The progress on becoming Elle Driver is at a total standstill. For the life of me I can't find a cheap (and I do mean cheap...I'm not going to wear one of "wedding-day" quality on a club crawl) garter belt. The only nurse costume I've come across was sleeveless with a stupid heart on the front...blonde wigs are inexplicably non-existent. Not only that, but all the eye-patches I've found come with pirate makeup and have a skull and crossbones embossed on it...so painting it will look funny after I turn it into the red cross on white patch design.

And to make matters worse, at one of the nightlife community sites I frequent I came across another Calgary girl who's planning on being Elle Driver. A natural blonde, and svelter physique, undoubtedly she'll look like the better Viper Assassin. *sigh* That kind of thing makes me want to choose a whole other costume.

For some reason, it feels like Halloween is, pardon the pun, "dead" this year. The major department stores in my mall (one being my store, the other being Sears) have foregone even having a Halloween department this year and have opted to start their Christmas push early. I heard the MAC counter playing funkdafied Christmas carols and I just wanted to run away. It's much too early for that. Even Wal-Mart has their Halloween and Christmas departments side by side, the Halloween being inferior to the Christmas. I even tried Superstore, they're just flat out of adult costumes...but from the looks of the area it's not like they had a lot to start with. Value Village/Salvation Army, you're my only hope!

Being a retail girl, I'm not appreciating the premature Christmas hype at all. If things carry on like this we'll be setting up Christmas trees right after the kids have gone back to school. Note: I'm by no means a scrooge. I adore decorating my Christmas tree and wrapping presents. But 3 months of Christmas is just waaaaaay too much.

Comments