Ring-a-ling-a-ling

As excited as I am to be shopping for a new phone, I always forget how annoying it is to deal with celly dealers. Actually, scratch that. I've had great guys help me out with my cellies...it's the uncertainty with deciding between phones that I can't handle. It takes up too much time.

I wish my brother had his "supposed" new Ericsson (just like the one I want) but he's been on a waiting list for it for about two months now. It might not even matter if I got to see his and decide that's the one for me. According to one of the cell guys I talked to today, they took the T306 off the upgrade program. Say it ain't so!

After zak suggested the Sanyos I went searching for one. I'm open to trying the other brands (though not sure about the Siemens....anybody know?) Unfortunately, my provider doesn't sell Sanyos. And since I really don't need one of those crazy phone/palmpilot thingies that leaves me with Panasonic. My brother's current phone is a Panasonic and it's served him well. I'll admit, the latest Panasonic is really sexy, but much too rich for my needs.

So if I can't have an Ericsson it's going to obviously be a Motorola. But V60 or T720?? Reading some reviews Ericsson leads Motorola when it comes to reception, though I had a hunch about that. No matter. If I can't have it I can't have it.

Thing with the celly guys I deal with, I don't know if they're being flirty or just being extra charming to sell something. I got a great deal on my Ericsson last time in that fashion. Now this new guy seems to be the same way (they work for different stores) so I'm wondering if I could eke out an Ericsson from him I mean, it's a sale, right? And it would be awfully sweet of him if he could pull a few strings for me.

I'll give it a go next Monday, hopefully they get some in stock (they didn't receive any today) and his boss isn't around. He was kind of hesitant to talk prices with the big guy present today.

Comments