Synchronicity

My planets must be aligned or something like that. Those up in Heaven are looking out for me very very well.

I've been having problems with my contact lens the past week...unfortunately, my contact lens is a matter of necessity rather than vanity. The sight in my left eye is so bad that I need a contact lens along with my normal eyeglasses in order to see better. They could give me an eyeglass prescription sans contact lens combo but it would just look really weird since one side's lens would be dramatically thicker than the other. Hmm..I guess it could be considered vanity, then. Needless to say, my glasses are useless without that lens...and going without both makes me beyond all hope.

Anyway, I just started on the last contact lens I had and put in my order for 2 more boxes last Monday. But for some reason this lens has been giving me grief...it's been absolutely uncomfortable (I've double-checked numerous times to make sure I wasn't wearing it inside-out.) and when I try and adjust it it only makes it worse. A couple of times it's just popped out of my eye and luckily I've caught it or else I'd be royally screwed.

Then the worst thing happened last night as I got ready for bed, the lens tore as I was cleaning it.

"Bugger! Bloody pisspot!" (I had just come home from watching Love Actually. And while it's a great movie, if you're into more of the "and all ends well" types of romantic comedies then don't watch this one.) Normally when I'm in dire straits for a lens I can run to my eye doctor for a trial sample of my lens to tide me over. But it's now the weekend!

I have to work today and I was seriously thisclose to calling in absent 'cuz I'm absolutely useless to them in this state. I'm typing all this on the faith that my keyboarding skills are phenomenal 'cuz I really can't tell if this post is chock full of typos. I am one lucky girl, though, 'cuz the Acuvue angels are smiling down on me. My optical just called and let me know my contacts are in.

I really ought to buy a lottery ticket today or something.

Comments