"Want a plane that loops the loop. Me, I want a hula hoop."
~ The Chipmunks singing a Christmas song.

I knew I couldn't fight it for very long. I admit it, Christmas has got me. It's got me, babee! How could it not? I love baking, decorating, buying Christmas gifts.

And ohhh, has inspiration slapped me on the ass! I hope I can get this plan up and running 'cuz I don't have much time until my annual gift exchange and dinner/brunch with the old uni-friends. Which reminds me, I have to figure out what day is good for them!

I had a dream that I was opening Christmas cards from my friends and family, and in each card was an Italian charm which reminded them of me or was an aspect of them which they wanted me to carry with me always. (Clicking on the previous link will take you to some examples of Italian charm bracelets, in case you don't know what they are.) Go figure I would dream about a trendy fad like that but I was all emotional about it in my dream. I don't think it'll turn into a deja vu, however, seeing as a lot of my relatives and even quite a few of my friends have no idea I have one of those bracelets.

All I've got on it right now is my name and a red chili pepper to the right of it. I didn't intend it to be a tribute to the Red Hot Chili Peppers, I just thought the pepper was cute. "Why a chili pepper?" "Uh, why NOT a chili pepper?" I regret not getting the LA Lakers charm while I was in Portland. But 40 dollars US for a Laker charm was more than I could justify to myself. I could get a shirt and a Puma bag for that amount of money!

Have any of you started an Italian charm bracelet? What kind of charms do you have on yours?

Comments