"Wink. I'll do the rest."

David Usher's shirt had that on it last night. I'll bet there were a lot of us winking at him at the Whiskey. And his wedding ring caught the light a bit too often for most of the ladies' liking, I'm sure. He's too hot for his own good is his problem.

The Whiskey was gorgeous, too. I had never been there until last night, mostly due to their 25 and over age policy. I know you're going to say that, since we're girls, getting in shouldn't be a problem regardless of their age rules...but I've heard that The Whiskey is real strict about that. Actually, I tried to get a guest list there for my birthday this year and they wouldn't budge. Ha, I got them this time! My guess would be that The Drink transformed itself into Tantra in response to The Whiskey's snazzycakes setup. All I can say is that 10th Ave has just become one of my favorite streets in Calgary due to those two clubs.

Being that Daisy was the bigger fan between the two of us she was quite excited even before Pilate, the opener band, took to the stage. Enh, Pilate was alright I guess. But then David came onto the stage and from that moment on I had this huge silly grin on my face. Did I mention he was gorgeous? I couldn't sing along to some of the songs....only ones I knew fairly well were the ones I have heard on the radio. When he announced Black Black Heart as the next song my simple contentment transformed into the energetic ecstasy that was swirling in the crowd all around me since the show began. During the show we had somehow moved from 4-deep away from the stage to right up there underneath him. I stretched my hand up towards him with the rest of the gaga girls. Yaaaaaaay, David Usher! (One girl complimented me on my new bracelet which shone brightly from the hot stage lights. She has excellent taste. It's one of my new favorite pieces of jewellery. It's hardcore. And then another girl complimented me on my crochet skullie...which is terrific 'cuz I've only worn it one other time since I bought that hat and now that Avril Lavigne has kind of flogged the knit skullie business into "overdone" I was debating whether or not to shelf it for a while until people stop associating it with her.)

"I think we're alone here, you and I. I think we're alone in the universe tonight."

We both got to touch him. He held my hand for a minute or so. Yay! I stroked his arm another time when he was crouched down in front of us. My nails ran down his thigh as he got up. How do celebrities stay sane with all the groping? :)

"I know you can feel it. You're already there."

I didn't have some sort of life-altering moment when I "connected" with him, but it's still a great thing to be able to say I touched David Usher.

You do know he's gorgeous, right?

Comments