You spin me right 'round

I can't believe the weekend's over.

For future reference, Moxie's makes this new "martini" called Banana Split that has chocolate milk as its base. It goes down so easy I'd have to say it could be dangerous. But it tastes oh soooooo good.

When I wasn't with family or friends my time was spent playing Space Channel 5 or listening to This Is Not A Test (Go Missy!) Hence my lack of bloggage as of late. Yet again, Space Channel 5 has me addicted...but as of today I've completed both games several times so there isn't much left to "unlock" or whatever the video game terminology is. I think I can calm down now.

And Missy's got me itching to groove at the bus stop, on the train platform, on the walk to work...one of these days I'm just going to let loose and be that crazy girl who dances in public listening to a Discman. I can definitely see it happening.

Friday night saw us with Bizkette and her sister and friend M. I've always thought her sister was cool (not that Bizkette isn't cool) and M is kitschy like Bizkette so it's always a great time with them. We went bowling (Yay!) and then to Castle followed by Crazy Horse. Last time I stepped inside Castle was last New Year's Eve when we caught up with Bizkette and her gang there after midnight. It's a cozy place and I don't mind it at all. But for some weird reason I was feeling guilty as I had offered to help Daisy mark her students' work that night and here we are just going out and having fun like always. I guess she was feeling guilty too 'cuz we bolted shortly after we arrived at Castle to try and get some marking done before closing time so we could swing by and get the girls again. Yeah, duh. Neither of us realized how late it was already (I think it was quarter after 1) so we gave up on that idea and returned to Castle only to find out Bizkette and M had gone to Crazy Horse. So la-di-da on to Crazy Horse we go.

I had been to Crazy Horse for the Halloween Howler this year and I thought it was decent. Obviously on Friday night they didn't take over Mescalero upstairs like they had for Halloween but the basement was just fine. I think there were perhaps 40 people max in there.

A good time was had by all, but seriously the place looked like a time warp. There was this old man (like my dad's age kind of old) dancing about to the likes of Ginuwine's Pony and Color Me Badd's I Wanna Sex U Up (Yes, they did play Color Me Badd....amongst Coolio and several other such songs.) Then you had the girl who looked like she was straight from the 80s...and not in that 80s nouveau retro-is-hot sort of way. It was more like I-haven't-been-out-since-the-80s-and-this-is-the-only-hot-outfit-I-have sort of way. We're talking about a tube dress, but not a normal tube dress....no no! A tube dress with an A-line skirt to it. Mon dieu! Not to mention the dress was altogether too short and not in a flirtatious way. It looked too small...as if she stole it from a 12-year-old bimbo. (Are there 12-year-old bimbos? I hope not.)

It was so painful seeing the old guy and the tube dress girl we had to avert our eyes away from the dancefloor. Either that or risk getting killed. I busted out laughing several times when I caught glimpses of the old guy's "moves."

But all should be forgiven, 'cuz I was by far not dressed to go clubbing that night. I had my BIG Brooklyn Bridge tote. A tote! Who brings a tote to the clubs? Apparently I do. And I had my "bowling" shoes on. Unfortunately they made dancing more painful on my knee than it had to be since it actually gave me traction on the dancefloor.

I got invited to join the time warp/freak show. David, a drunken dancer, pulled me onto the dancefloor. That was all fine and good. The music may be old, but I dance to pretty much anything.

And then he roared at me.

Not sure if he meant that to be sexy or what. So I smiled. His friends seemed to be headed to the upper level to get another drink, and the fool left me there on my own on the dancefloor. The next minute he turned around to come back for me but I was already back at my table.

I'm not sure why I felt I had to flee back to my table....normally I would've just kept right on dancing. I guess I felt bad for leaving Daisy at the table to tend after my tote and all our jackets.

He honestly meant well, though. He tried to get me back out there a couple of times.

"Go!" M said once when she noticed him smiling at me.

Yeaaaah, no. I was fine where I was.

Perhaps it was my turn to be the sacrificial singleton. M had found me a "dance partner" that night. (Not David.) Though I wasn't quite sure if she had talked to him already or what since he seemed to be with 2 girls as it was. So again I stayed put. Maybe she thought I wasn't having fun. I hope that wasn't the case.

So yeah, Friday was filled with going back and forth along 1st street and roaring boys. I love being entertained. :)

Saturday I made good on my promise to help Daisy mark schoolwork. Civic pitched in as well, or you could say he got suckered into it. It depends on who you talk to.

You don't want to know how long it took the three of us. Anyway, ever since Daisy started this teaching gig I've had a whole new respect for teachers and the amount of bs and extra work they have to put up with. Honestly, if I didn't help her with the marking I don't think I'd get to go and nosh and have fun with her as much as we're able to right now.

Phenoms won again. As far as I know we're still tied with NE Express. Go Phenoms!

Mwah!

Comments