Baaaaa no more

I treated myself to some gyro and caesar salad today for lunch. I shared my meal with bing in spirit since she is an admitted tzatziki addict like myself (normally I would label myself as a "tzatziki whore" but I don't want to offend bing in any way.)

Opa's side order of a pita with tzatziki makes such an awesome snack. But this was lunchtime; I was starving. So the gyro/caesar plate for me. Yummy pita, yummy tzatziki, yummy caesar, yummy gyro.

I thought about asking H-Lady after my break just exactly what gyro was made of. My guess was pork since it's always so tender. Instead, I decided to stay away lest I get her going on some kind of conversation (and yes, I feel guilty about doing that, but the other girls take turns lending their ear to her as well, so it's not like she's neglected) and looked it up on the internet when I got home.

Ohhhhhh no! Gyro is lamb! Or it's sometimes lamb. Oh woe is me. Lambs are my friends!

And yet...they're soooo good. Plus it's not like I can save them anymore, they're dead and cooked and now served.

This is why I could never be a consciencious vegetarian. The guilt never lasts very long.

Still, I'll feel a little sad every time I order gyro from now on. That is, until I take that first bite once again.

I'm sorry little sheep!

Comments