Forget daydreams

My mind wandered during my lunchbreak and I had a nightmare...but I was awake. A daymare?

I don't even know how the awful thought wriggled its way into my head. I was blankly staring into HMV while I munched on my food...and I "dreamt" my goddaughter Lana was walking over to me with a big smile. That was odd. She usually has daycare at this hour. Perhaps her grandparents had the day off and decided to take her to the mall?

Or perhaps Posie skipped lectures and took Lana out herself. I smiled at Lana and encouraged her to walk over to me while I looked around to see who she was with today. And then I saw them, and they were nobody I knew.

Who were these people with Lana? They saw her wandering away and tried to call her back to them, but they were addressing her by a different name. Surely I had heard wrong? I would know Lana's smile anywhere, and this little angel was definitely her.

She turned back to look at them and when she turned around to face me again there was a look of panic in her eyes. I knew something was wrong! Since she wasn't responding to their beckoning they swooped in and picked her up. Inexplicably she was silent. She didn't scream or anything. She waved goodbye and they all left together.

And that's when my cell phone rang and it was Posie calling. The daycare had, for some reason, redistributed the children. Posie was understandably against the idea, but it still happened and now she was heartbroken. I was choked. I looked up to see where Lana had went and couldn't find them anywhere.

After that I snapped out of my daymare. I don't know what that was all about, but it was absolutely horrible.

Comments