It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Well, us ladies of the house (minus my grandma) put up the tree last night and decorated our front door and our entertainment center and all that lovely stuffs. Pulled out all our Christmas CDs and everything. I felt much happier this year than when I decorated the tree on my own last year.

Decorating on my own was depressing. Mind you we still put our tree up later than our normal tradition would dictate, but at least it was a group effort this year.

So I was very happy decorating with my sister and my mom. I was singing along to 98 Degrees and everything.

Only thing I'm bummed about is that I can't seem to find the Christmas CD from working at R. Our manager (who I wasn't a big fan of) burned us a nice compilation as a gift. She may not be the best person in the world, but that CD was terrifically thought out. I have to find it.

I even ate some chestnuts yesterday. Don't you just love chestnuts?

A lot of people have lost loved ones this year. Realistically, yes, millions of people all over the world lose loved ones every year, but this year particularly was tragic for those all around me. The holidays, I can only assume and imagine, will be especially tough on them. My thoughts go out to them.

I need to find time to make some shortbread. It seems like I'm the only one with patience to do that kind of thing these days.

Comments