"My boyfriend told me to be more affectionate...so now I have two boyfriends."

I love finding new sassy messages on clothes. Too bad this was on a trucker hat...and a pink and red trucker hat, at that. (I despise pink and red together, and red and turquoise together. And yet they are 3 of my favorite colors.) I just don't do trucker hats. We'll just leave them to my brother and Ryan. They're snazzycakes on them.

So today, since I finally established some rapport with a doctor I can finally call my own, I had my very first physical ever. Or at least I think it's my first one ever. I don't recall ever getting them when I was itty-bitty. It's a bad habit my family has, it is.

I'm very glad I got it done. Now *fingers crossed* there shouldn't be any more surprises. Let's hope. I just have to figure out a time when I can get the bloodwork done. Bloodwork. Gah!

The exam wasn't as bad as some had made it out to be. Maybe Rocky helped me out in that respect. Thanks, man.

And speaking of that particular issue, this girl who works at my store with me....she's absolutely gorgeous but a bit doi up there. (And yes, I do mean "doi," "doh" is so passe.) Anyway, yeah, this girl...gorgeous but doi...she's Lebanese. I only say that 'cuz I have a feeling that culture plays a part in what I have to say here.

She won't go and get that kind of "procedure" done (she's my age) 'cuz her cousin, who's a nurse, informed her that it could accidentally rob her of her virginity.

This news floored me. If she dressed like, excuse me, a traditional Lebanese, then maybe yes I could see where she is coming from. But I had always considered her to be just like me and the rest of the girls. All modern, all in-the-know. I mean, she can tell dirty jokes with the best of us. So to hear her reason for not getting examined just threw me off completely. I mean, my not getting it done was only 'cuz I'm a slacker when it comes to making an appointment. Wow.

I'd always heard it was a good idea to start getting checked once you turn 18 or become sexually active, whichever comes first (though this doctor said 25, not 18, but I got it done just for peace of mind) so the paranoid part of me wanted to shake her and scream "this could save your life! What are you doing???"

I've seen too many things happen that noone thought would ever happen to them. And her cousin being a nurse and all should know what I'm talking about, too. I can't believe she steered her away from getting checked.

Comments