A waste! A waste!

I looked fantastic tonight. All the girls at work kept pointing out my pantyhose (I mean, really, I sell these things so I should model them, right?) I'm keen on them, too. I've got lots of pairs of fishnets, but these... these are fishnets COMBINED with a bigass chainlink fence pattern. It doesn't get more hardcore than that around my store. :)

"Look at her fishnets!" and all of my fellow girls would rave about them, but you could tell the "elders" weren't all that impressed. Their silence said it all.

Man, I was all ready to go out and do something tonight. I even figured out a funky outfit (hence the fishnets) that could double as our stupid uniform (I'll never be a fan of white shirts, but there are ways around that anyway). You see, Daisy is officially done for Christmas break, Civic called last night wanting to hold a summit re:girl-at-work-he-digs...it just made sense that we would all get together after I finished work tonight. And I dolled up thusly.

But alas, Daisy ended up having a housewarming to go to and I got out too late to accompany her. Not sure if she managed to get Civic to tag along with her. Anyway, I'm home and comfy now and they haven't called to put together a late night nosh-summit (we figured if they left the housewarming early enough we'd still all get together).

My wardrobe effort was all in vain, though I did get a lot of appreciative looks during my break. That in itself is really weird 'cuz I'm not used to getting that type of reaction in non-alcoholic settings.

On a work-related note, from 7pm till close this whole weekend all handbags and wallets at my store are 50% off. You would not believe how well-behaved I am considering all the temptation around me. I admit I almost bought a baby blue Raceway Babies Guess purse 'cuz I thought it'd match my Puma wallet. Thank goodness they were two different shades of blue so it made it easier to walk away with my cash intact. I'm also grateful that all other purses I would be interested in have already been snatched up by other customers. Plus I have to remember that I still have that Derek Alexander bag coming sometime. I can't understand what's taking so long. Grrrr. I feel bad for my colleagues who bought their Derek Alexanders with the intention of giving them as Christmas presents. I highly doubt they'll arrive in time at this point in the game.

Comments