Whoa, food

So today was the birth of a new tradition, I guess. The Usual Suspects were at last year's Unifriends get-together and this year the meal was all about the Usual Suspects.

And dang it, I didn't get to see Latina's engagement ring yet as they sent it in to have it cleaned as soon as she got back to Calgary.

And Latina and her boy are so perfect together that noone could possibly be jealous 'cuz it's just perfect like that.

Of course I had my eggs Benny at our brunch, and of course I had some of the roast beef at that same brunch. I have been trained well by my father. If I didn't eat what was, in his opinion, enough food to validate the cost of the brunch/buffet then I'm just wasting money. Needless to say we only do the brunch/buffet thing on special occasions or else I'd be a lot huger than I am right now. :) And, just like last year, the festivities continued on to another locale for the gift exchange. This year it was Vicious Circle. 'Cuz of all the drivers in the group I was the only one to have a martini. What is this? It's like I'm taking on Daisy's role in the group! :)

Vicious Circle is a totally different place in the daytime. It was really weird to be the only people in there. Nothing like Vicious Circle nights at all.

Unfortunately, since my family had company over last night I didn't get to finish up Latina's project. Daisy loved hers, though. I was so proud. Despite how it showcases my lack of sewing skills I was thrilled that it turned out at least recognizable and completely functional. Latina's boy even complimented my choice in materials. Happy little me!

I think my friends loved their presents. In all honesty I am quite proud of the presents I found for them, and all without going over budget! I am still the shopping vixen! And since they have already opened them up, I'll let you know what I chose for each one of them.

  • For Daisy I got her the second season set of Sex and the City. I got her the first season for a birthday a couple of years back. In a perfect world (though this is only based on the episodes I have managed to see through the years) Daisy is the Carrie to my Samantha and vice versa. But in reality, I think the two of us are more like Charlotte.
  • I got Civic a black and white ringer tee by Polo Ralph Lauren. I love buying clothes for guys so this year it was a no-brainer getting a present for Civic. Just to be on the safe side, I stuck with black and white since he's already got the FCUK shirts going on in the same color scheme.
  • And since Latina is away from us for such long stretches of time I got her some fluffy tie-dyed slippers to lounge about in at her dorm. At the very least they'll keep her feet warm in that crazy prairie cold plus she loves tie-dyed stuffs. So those slippers are all about fluffy happy comfort in my opinion. The colors will make her smile, and the fluffiness will keep her warm. I also added in an initial bracelet 'cuz I'm a big fan of all the personalized trinkets these days.

I'm also glad that they enjoyed my Christmas cards, 'cuz I loved those little cards.

I don't usually like listing gifts that I have received 'cuz it makes it look like I'm keeping count...but I was so pleasantly surprised I just had to share a few. Daisy and Civic conspired on my Christmas presents and they tag-teamed me with a David Usher CD from each of them. I am now the proud owner of Morning Orbit (which has my beloved Black Black Heart song amongst other goodies) and Little Songs (which has my treasured F Train song); all that also means I get pics of David Usher to gaze upon whenever my little heart desires :) Not only that but I got a bottle of Tabu (my most favorite vodka cooler in the world) in a Moroccan-style stocking! Do my friends know me or what?! I can't believe the stocking...I have no idea where she got it! And I'm usually good for knowing where to buy everything!

I thought I'd be done in time for my brother's game today, but you just can't rush things when you're in such good company. No worries, though. They won! I'll be there next week for sure.

Even though I was still full from the brunch, my family went out for dinner to celebrate my dad's completion of his refresher course at SAIT. Oh man am I ever full beyond the brim!

Naturally, it wouldn't be a completely happy Sunday without seeing little Lana and Posie. Today I bore special gifts for Lana from Auntie Daisy...3 sheets of stickers for her to adhere to her loved ones as she saw fit. :) I love that little girl sooooooo much.

Comments